Will Knight to Delaware

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Re: Will Knight to Delaware

Post by Baltimore Hen » Wed May 15, 2019 7:32 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:Sounds like great news. What are the chances that Knight may be used on kick-off and/or punt returns?

Approximately how many schollies left for any further transfers by the start of the season?

As long as Spruill is on the team, Baltimore Hen will be missed at the games. :(

If he is back I will be selling or giving away my tix every week until he is gone. May consider rescinding my 10G to the whitney......Makes me sick to think UD would be a "sweep it under the rug for an athlete" school. But if that is who they are, they can lie in their bed.
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen » Wed May 15, 2019 7:37 pm

BlueHenBill wrote: I hate to lose any Hen fans even temporarily, much less a long time and dedicated fan like Baltimore Hen. Baltimore Hen should just admit that he overreacted and he is welcome back in the fold including at UD FB games.

I don't have to admit anything. I still think OJ did it, but he was acquitted.....And I still think a 20 year old 200+ pound kid beating a nearly 80 year old man is unacceptable behavior regardless of who the 20 year old is or the circumstance.

Henzone
UD Class: 1970

Post by Henzone » Wed May 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:
BlueHenBill wrote: I hate to lose any Hen fans even temporarily, much less a long time and dedicated fan like Baltimore Hen. Baltimore Hen should just admit that he overreacted and he is welcome back in the fold including at UD FB games.

I don't have to admit anything. I still think OJ did it, but he was acquitted.....And I still think a 20 year old 200+ pound kid beating a nearly 80 year old man is unacceptable behavior regardless of who the 20 year old is or the circumstance.

I think OJ used up all his eligibility while at USC but Spruill has a few seasons left.

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:32 pm

Anxious to see Henderson, Lee and Knight in the Blue Hen backfield- speed, speed and power.....Go Hens. Wayne Hanby

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed May 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Happy to see a Henlopen Conference legend in the fold. Nothing but an upgrade to the position with this news. Welcome Will!

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Thu May 16, 2019 5:41 am

Baltimore Hen wrote:
BlueHenBill wrote:Sounds like great news. What are the chances that Knight may be used on kick-off and/or punt returns?

Approximately how many schollies left for any further transfers by the start of the season?

As long as Spruill is on the team, Baltimore Hen will be missed at the games. :(

If he is back I will be selling or giving away my tix every week until he is gone. May consider rescinding my 10G to the whitney......Makes me sick to think UD would be a "sweep it under the rug for an athlete" school. But if that is who they are, they can lie in their bed.
Stick to your guns Knute!!

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Thu May 16, 2019 5:43 am

Maddog@76 wrote:Anxious to see Henderson, Lee and Knight in the Blue Hen backfield- speed, speed and power.....Go Hens. Wayne Hanby
I'm right there with you Wayne. Our backfield just got alot stronger. Excited for Summer sessions.

hens05alum
UD Class: 2005

Post by hens05alum » Thu May 16, 2019 6:50 am

I'm cautiously optimistic that this returning Delaware high school offensive star performs better and is a better fit on the team than the last one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
V for Villanova, V for veritable certainty of victory over Delaware.

Henzone
UD Class: 1970

Post by Henzone » Thu May 16, 2019 7:17 am

hens05alum wrote:I'm cautiously optimistic that this returning Delaware high school offensive star performs better and is a better fit on the team than the last one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your post is about as cute as the Nova helmet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

UDJoe

Post by UDJoe » Thu May 16, 2019 7:42 am

[quote="rooneyguy"][quote="BlueHenBill"]Sounds like great news. What are the chances that Knight may be used on kick-off and/or punt returns?

As long as Spruill is on the team, Baltimore Hen will be missed at the games. :([/quote]

The victim, the Newark Police, the University Judicial System and the football team have all come to terms with Spruill. Does anyone else really matter?[/quote]

Exactly. And any suggestion that there is a "cover up" here is pure crap -- and very unfair to the player.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Thu May 16, 2019 8:00 am

What a tremendous get for UD! As John said, he does many things well and can't wait to see Will do his thing here!
"You gotta win to get love. I mean, that's just life" (Ricky Bobby)

hens4life

Post by hens4life » Thu May 16, 2019 8:33 am

A better backfield than Lee, Robinson, Knight & Spruill?
Last edited by hens4life on Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 am

Not to put undue pressure on the kid, but Will Knight has a chance to have a really special career at UD. He is an extraordinary talent who we are incredibly fortunate to get to come home to Newark. And the fact that he still has 4 years of eligibility is even more exciting. I can’t wait to see him with the ball in his hands breaking tackles and making plays. Now let’s get some help on the D and O lines, maybe add a defensive back, and this team will have a legitimate shot to make some noise in 2019. Great day to be a Blue Hen!!!

HENJOHN

Post by HENJOHN » Thu May 16, 2019 8:52 am

finpxz1 wrote:Not to put undue pressure on the kid, but Will Knight has a chance to have a really special career at UD. He is an extraordinary talent who we are incredibly fortunate to get to come home to Newark. And the fact that he still has 4 years of eligibility is even more exciting. I can’t wait to see him with the ball in his hands breaking tackles and making plays. Now let’s get some help on the D and O lines, maybe add a defensive back, and this team will have a legitimate shot to make some noise in 2019. Great day to be a Blue Hen!!!
Right on the money. He should be exciting and a great fit here.

Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen » Thu May 16, 2019 9:09 am

HENJOHN wrote:
Baltimore Hen wrote:

Stick to your guns Knute!!
His words: "“He said that the door opened and he pulled [the victim] from the vehicle and began to punch him several times in the face. He stated that when he was done, he turned his attention back to [Pickett],” The "when he was done" statement is the most disturbing. It shows zero concern for his victim. Almost that he feels justified. sad!

Why what he did is serious and should be treated as such with REAL punishment. This easily could have happened in his case. The fact that it did not is irrelevant. He is lucky. https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/us/las-v ... index.html

This is the last I will say on this subject.