FloSports

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

FloSports

Post by bluehenbillk » Mon May 06, 2019 9:08 am

https://bluehens.com/news/2019/5/6/dela ... rtner.aspx

Good news for the CAA, it also will end the day of watching home games for free online....
#SaveThePeeWall

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Re: FloSports

Post by dovetail » Mon May 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Bummer, I knew it was just a question of time.
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Tue May 07, 2019 3:53 am

I'd like to hear what this sentence from the press release means before I judge the agreement. Either way, like some other posters I'll be at all 12 football games and all the home MBB and WBB games so I won't be affected past the 2 months of conference basketball away games and it will probably be worth the $40 for me.
The CAA member institutions will have the flexibility through their partnership with FloSports to retain local linear exposure.
My guess, UD retains the rights to sell (well, it's actually pay for) cable TV broadcast rights on local NBCS-Philly, NBCS-DC & SNY networks like we did last year. If true, and some of the FloSports money makes it's way down to each school, it gives each school money to pay for local broadcast of their games; a smart way to build their brand.

The agreement calls for approximately 50 football games, 140 men's and women's basketball contests
There are a total of 48 CAA conference football games each season so it appears they may be broadcasting all of the games verses conference opponents.

And with 90 men's basketball conference games and a additional 90 women's conference basketball games, Flo must be broadcasting the majority of them.

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Tue May 07, 2019 8:39 am

JMU board is saying it's $12.50/mo, or $150/yr.
#SaveThePeeWall

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Tue May 07, 2019 11:26 am

bluehenbillk wrote:JMU board is saying it's $12.50/mo, or $150/yr.
$20 month or $150 year .. JMU education so I see how they got it wrong

UDan
UD Class: 2025

Post by UDan » Tue May 07, 2019 7:48 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:https://bluehens.com/news/2019/5/6/dela ... rtner.aspx

Good news for the CAA, it also will end the day of watching home games for free online....
From the CAA's FloSports FAQ release (https://bluehens.com/documents/2019/5/6 ... df?id=9189 - see the end of page 2 of the document for this UD-specific addition): "Delaware Athletics will continue to work with local linear TV partners to broadcast games around the region, as well as games continuing to be streamed on BlueHens.com."
Image Daniel Steenkamer, HERO Sports FCS Campus Correspondent: Delaware | Follow on Twitter @dsteenkamer6 & Instagram @delaware.hero_fcs