2019 NFL Draft

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Re: 2019 NFL Draft

Post by UD '01 grad » Fri May 10, 2019 9:46 am

How about the Hills references/posts stop when the Keeler/Sam Houston State or Brock references/posts stop?

Won't be holding my breath on either. Am interested in it all.

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Fri May 10, 2019 10:03 am

jd of de wrote:If you knew the things Brock did to help Wes adapt to and thrive at UD you wouldn't have made such an assine comment.
I meant from a talent standpoint not an academic standpoint. I said he made a mistake and he pulled himself back up from it. Kid lost a whole year of football and had to be a security guard before having to start all over at a smaller school with less facilities. In that time he became a team captain, shattered Slipper Rock's single season rushing records, and now has a shot to make an NFL team. From a redemption standpoint, what more do you want?

It's not up to the coach it's up to the student to go to class and graduate. These aren't kids, they are men and I don't blame Brock for that. I blame him for not having acquired talent around a player like Hills which more likely than not contributed to some of his injuries. When you're the best player on the field, at running back, on a team that can't complete a forward pass, and the defense is keyed in on you...doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how that could be harmful....or is that too an asinine comment for you JD?
The Dude Abides!

Henzone
UD Class: 1970

Post by Henzone » Fri May 10, 2019 10:43 am

HenZoneNation wrote:
jd of de wrote:If you knew the things Brock did to help Wes adapt to and thrive at UD you wouldn't have made such an assine comment.
I meant from a talent standpoint not an academic standpoint. I said he made a mistake and he pulled himself back up from it. Kid lost a whole year of football and had to be a security guard before having to start all over at a smaller school with less facilities. In that time he became a team captain, shattered Slipper Rock's single season rushing records, and now has a shot to make an NFL team. From a redemption standpoint, what more do you want?

It's not up to the coach it's up to the student to go to class and graduate. These aren't kids, they are men and I don't blame Brock for that. I blame him for not having acquired talent around a player like Hills which more likely than not contributed to some of his injuries. When you're the best player on the field, at running back, on a team that can't complete a forward pass, and the defense is keyed in on you...doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how that could be harmful....or is that too an asinine comment for you JD?
It's sure an asinine statement from where I sit. Injuries happen in football regardless of your situation . Hills was a good one but Brock had nothing to do with his injury or academic ineligibility.

I've received several PM's about Hills and my bad for forgetting the circumstances of his departure. I do remember KC telling me he hated the responsibility of making sure his players went to class. Brock & Rocco took it as part of the job description.
Last edited by Henzone on Fri May 10, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hens79
UD Class: 0

Post by Hens79 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:48 am

Henzone wrote:
HenZoneNation wrote:

It's sure an asinine statement from where I sit. Injuries happen in football regardless of your situation . Hills was a good one for sure but Brock had nothing to do with his injury or academic ineligibility.

I've received several PM's about Hills and my bad for forgetting the circumstances of his departure. I do remember KC telling me he hated the responsibility of making sure his players went to class. Brock & Rocco took it as part of the job description.
And the circle on this thread is now complete! No insider decoder ring needed. LOL

dc

Post by dc » Mon May 27, 2019 4:18 am

Good analysis of Adderly after initially talking about first pick Tillery.

https://www.chargers.com/news/why-pro-f ... olts-draft

Udforever1
UD Class: 1900

Post by Udforever1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Walker has signed with the Bears.

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:01 pm

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:14 am

His development was held up by our former staff not realizing his REAL potential at wr(not qb) He is another UD warrior who gave all for us, and my fingers are crossed he latches on with the Bears or another team.

GO JOE
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:39 am

Joe Walker was credited with a special teams solo tackle last night.

dchen
UD Class: 1972

Post by dchen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:08 am

Anyone know if Mike Adams landed with another team?

dovetail
UD Class: 1966

Post by dovetail » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:35 pm

I saw that Adderly did not play last night. Pulled hammy. The same problem I think that struck him during the Combine.
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust

badassmotherclucker
UD Class: 1900

Post by badassmotherclucker » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:44 pm

dchen wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:08 am
Anyone know if Mike Adams landed with another team?
He has not.

Would like to see him come back to UD and coach.

Jaxhen
UD Class: 0

Post by Jaxhen » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:00 pm

Adewusi was credited with two solo tackles for the Giants in their win over the Jets.