[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
GoHens.net • View topic - Spring Game

Spring Game

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

Re: Spring Game

Postby BlueHenBill on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:25 pm

BlueHenBill

Postby aust42 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:35 pm

How was the pillow fight they dare call a "Spring Game" this year? Any player get tired or winded from running too hard?
aust42

Postby finpxz1 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:30 pm

Hey Bill...I was just reacting to what you wrote...

“Tubby didn't have any problem winning consistently with a true game approach. The coaches since haven't won that often or consistently with their practice approach to the Spring game.”

Glad to hear that’s not what you were trying to imply. I personally could care less about the format of the game. I do agree they could and should have done more to market the spring game. For the life of me, I can’t understand why it wouldn’t be broadcast on Hens All Access.
finpxz1

Postby BlueHenBill on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:31 pm

BlueHenBill

Postby Henzone on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm

It has become what I said it was early last week and the very reason all the negative speculation for those who watched it is pure BS!
Henzone

UD Class: 1970

Postby finpxz1 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:31 pm

The game of football has changed significantly since Tubby coached, so not sure it’s a valid comparison. No more 2 and/or 3-a-days….no more unlimited hitting in practice…no more going back in after getting your “bell rung”. Now it’s much more about player health and safety first and foremost…which I think we would all agree is a good thing.

The bottom line is wins and losses in the fall…nothing will do more to create excitement and awareness than deep playoff runs and a shot at another national championship. Do that and no one will give a $%!& about the spring game format. Just my two cents…
finpxz1

Postby jd of de on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:05 am

jd of de

UD Class: 0

Postby Info Hound on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:18 am

#BlueHensRising 2018-2019 will be a year of measurable success: Football (playoffs), M&W basketball, MSoccer (conf. tourney), MLacrosse, and more!
Info Hound

UD Class: 1900

Postby Henny on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:08 am

This admin clearly gets it and the program is more than headed in the right direction. How that translates into more Ws remains to be seen but long playoff runs and championships are on peoples minds. Play back the groundbreaking ceremony if you have any doubts!
"You gotta win to get love. I mean, that's just life" (Ricky Bobby)
Henny

UD Class: 1985

Postby Hengrad07 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:02 am

7-5 in 2019 will be considered a "good year" by the Athletic Dept! :oops:

0-2 vs NDSU & Pitt

7-3 vs rest of schedule...
Hengrad07

UD Class: 2007

Postby Firstand10BlueHens on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:54 am

I personally thought FanDEmonium was super well executed - this coming from a marketing guy. I drove 90+ mins each way with my wife and two year old to be there on Saturday. He watched maybe 30 seconds of the actual game, but he had the BEST TIME at the pregame festival and climbing up and down the stadium stairs. If you saw a guy chasing a little farmer looking kid in overalls and a Dewey shirt that was us. :lol: Good times.

Football wise it was hard to follow but the Pitts catch and run was nice. The strong back wind caused a lot of overthrows. I actually thought Paoletti looked quick and had a better arm than I was expecting - definitely built more like a running QB than Henderson at least from a durability perspective. The O was more up tempo than years past. On D, Strothers looks the part at Safety.
Firstand10BlueHens

UD Class: 2005

Postby UD '01 grad on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:41 am

I'm under 40 (for a couple more months). I don't need a gimmick to get me to renew tickets or enjoy the games. Just win and show progress.

If this team has seven wins against this schedule following the large personnel losses on defense, hosannas should be sung to the heavens.
UD '01 grad

UD Class: 2001

Postby Info Hound on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:52 am

Andy Walter in the Dover paper with interviews following the practice:

https://delawarestatenews.net/sport/hen ... 69e9cad1d5
#BlueHensRising 2018-2019 will be a year of measurable success: Football (playoffs), M&W basketball, MSoccer (conf. tourney), MLacrosse, and more!
Info Hound

UD Class: 1900

Postby jd of de on Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:00 pm

jd of de

UD Class: 0

Postby HENJOHN on Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Upsetting ND State here in September with the sellout crowd and ESPN College Gameday here on Campus puts us in a great spot. :-)
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

PreviousNext

Return to The Roost