[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
GoHens.net • View topic - #4 Practice

#4 Practice

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

#4 Practice

Postby Henzone on Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:20 am

Henderson had an exceptional day throwing the ball but is not the best decision maker yet and fumbled once when he bumped into his blocker.

RB Hansen had a couple of good runs and WR Pitts was very active along with backup Zimmerman.

Nickles looking strong filing in at DE for injured Kitchen. Lee returning punts.
Henzone

UD Class: 1970

Re: #4 Practice

Postby R2BIGDOGS on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Was Lee actually RETURNING punts or just practicing Fair Catches? I look forward to seeing a punt return by a Blue Hen this year.
R2BIGDOGS

UD Class: 1900

Postby mpwerrell on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:30 pm

To add to HZ’s observations:
-Zimmerman was the star of the receiver group on Tuesday. Nice routes, solid catches. DeMaille, Clements, and Pitts also
Made good plays.
-Colby was dressed but did not participate in the 7 v 7 and the 11 v 11. Defense rotated many linebackers.
-Coleman and Lee were receiving punts. No coverage downfield so whether or not a fair catch would have been called could not be determined. One day hint though both players caught every ball. No balls bounced in front of them.
-Everyone is asking about Poindexter. In 7 v 7 it looks like he is 5th d back. Four down lineman, 2 linebackers, 5 defensive backs.
-Both QBs looked comfortable but Henderson had a couple of passes that all I could say was “wow”.
mpwerrell

Postby joe c on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 pm

A star is being born Mr. Mark.... Wait till that red shirt comes off...We will see another part of his game...I can't wait....I have almost forgot what offense looks like...lol
joe c

Postby HenZoneNation on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:50 pm

I'm all on board with Henderson. I know we only got a sample size last year but it's enough to know that he's the real deal. HZ and I disagree on the importance of completion percentage and I can live with that...however, much like Hall, who although only passed for 53% rushed for almost 1,000 yards while missing the last game of the season, Henderson has wheels. He moved well in the pocket against Nova and looked to throw down field, but when he did tuck and run you could see how dangerous he is. You can't have an immobile QB who struggles with accuracy especially when you've lost as many weapons as we have. Kehoe did his best last year and reminds me of what Donnelly brought to the '11 team which is a serviceable backup and like Donnelly, was part of the reason why we struggled last year especially against teams with strong defenses. You look at both '11 and '18 and see the amount of talent on either team and it almost makes you sick to your stomach.

Henderson has that feel to him...I swear he's the guy that makes me hopeful that this team can be decent even with all the talent we lost. Like The Missile said during the Nova broadcast, "he reminds me of Johnny Mansel." Let's hope he beats his son this year who I believe is going to be their starting QB.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Postby VIKING '87 on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:43 pm

Any insights on Pawloski? He has the big body type that DCs crave?
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
VIKING '87

UD Class: 1987

Postby Henzone on Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Henzone

Postby Henzone on Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 am

Nation- Everyone is on board with Henderson . I've been following him for years. What's not to like , potential wise, about the guy? Oh, I forgot, he's too skinny for some ! Against Nova he gave everyone a taste of his exciting physical abilities . His free lancing impressed the crowd but his 4 sacks and several misreads also disappointed the staff somewhat. He is indeed still a work in progress and my message to all those who wait anxiously for the early practice reports is to be patient and don't count out a lumbering QB who had 5 games throwing over 200 yards in the early going . Patrick already has leadership and analytical skills Nolan is just learning. We will have more audibles this year with the no huddle and he is a 5th year senior with a hs coach for a father who taught him how to read defenses in grade school. We may need both of them to get to the playoffs as this is a team with limited experience and one tough schedule.

Johnny Football is now playing for the Memphis Express in the new AAF. UGH ! :lol:
Henzone

Postby jd of de on Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:44 am

jd of de

UD Class: 0

Postby hens4life on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:17 am

Another 7 win season... HoHum 7&5 is not playoff worthy!
#SaveThePeeWall
hens4life

UD Class: 0

Postby HenZoneNation on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:30 am

From the limited amount of practices we've had can anyone comment on the growth of some of our highly recruited younger OL? Lynch and Brown in particular were highly touted coming out of HS. As Jamin Elliot tweeted stars don't always equate to success but we sure could use them now and in the future.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Postby tenn hen on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:34 am

Many of us saw Henderson's ability when he first was finally given a chance in a real game. The kid has it and needs to be given exceptional chances to succeed. Speed and quickness and a feel for the field aren't easy to find or develop in a qb. I want to see this kid play and be taught to understand that he can't do it all by himself and that he has to realize the value of not turning the ball over. Not an easy task for any player on O and for that matter on D.

I felt that jolt of excitement on the first play he was called on to take the field. I want that positive feeling this season as our O takes the field each possession this coming season and into the future. Make it happen coaches!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby tenn hen on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:36 am

Thx for the info coming in. I(we) want to see the potential in the recruits we brought in emerging at all the positions.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby Henzone on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:10 pm

Henzone

Postby joe c on Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Battles everywhere baby. Thats what we want!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BDBzgHXf64

This is what I see....
joe c

Return to The Roost