3/16 Practice

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Re: 3/16 Practice

Post by 77HEN » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:23 pm

Concerning Mr. Robinson, the past is in the rear view mirror and all efforts are looking towards the future - it's great to hear he could become a big part of an exciting new offense this year.

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:12 pm

jd of de wrote:
He needed to change his body. At PSU he had bulked up to be a better blocker, which would mean more playing time there. Here, since transferring he’s down to 215 and definitely has regained some quickness. It’s a good guess he’ll be 205-210 come the DelState game.
thanks for the input- that sounds great about the weight loss. Good to be aware of your PSU insight. It makes sense since he seemed a bit slow on the field.
Hoping for big things from our rbs if they remain healthy and the OL has improved significantly.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

hens4life
UD Class: 0

Post by hens4life » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:28 pm

UDJoe Wrote:
I agree with Rooney on this and don't care what you thought of Robinson in high school. Seems like an unnecessary comment to make. Just saying.
And I don't give a Rats A$$ what you think about anything Joey! I see all kinds of comments on these boards about players & prospects high school careers, so I gave my opinion. I suggest "ignore" me if you "don't care what I thought of Robinson", as I just did the same!

joe c

Post by joe c » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:28 pm

I appreciated the info Mr Hen....JD gave a great explanation and some encouragement,,,It makes sense...Even in practice I thought he was overweight and a step slow.... Let him loose...Depth at RB is essential....

VIKING '87
UD Class: 1987

Post by VIKING '87 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:08 pm

hens4life wrote:
rooneyguy wrote:
hens4life wrote:As a 4* recruit, I'm guessing Robinson rolled into camp last summer thinking if he "just showed up", he'd be a starter after the academic issues were resolved.

Glad to hear he doing better this spring so far... #GoHens

So you know that you are speculating, but decide to go negative about the guy anyway? Better to keep that kind of comment to yourself.
I don't know why I'm even wasting my time replying to you, but for the benefit of all of the other GH members, I saw Robinson play several times while he was in high school in Harrisburg & he was "head & shoulders" above any other RB on the roster last year!

Except for the poor showing he made in most games. 2.7 yds per carry over 9 games is pretty poor. I'd call that head and shoulders below most anybody we had a RB last year.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:34 pm

77HEN wrote:Concerning Mr. Robinson, the past is in the rear view mirror and all efforts are looking towards the future - it's great to hear he could become a big part of an exciting new offense this year.
I don’t know if this is a negative or a positive but when was the last time a transfer came to Delaware after Spring Ball and played at a super high level? I agree 100% about Robinson last year. He came late and nobody ran well behind our OL. I don’t know what was worse our Rushing Yards per Carry or our completion %. I think OL being better and with time to practice he will be fine. The bad news is, if this trend is accurate than any help that might be arriving probably will struggle or contribute on a limited capacity.

I hope that trend doesn’t continue because this roster has holes.
The Dude Abides!

hens4life
UD Class: 0

Post by hens4life » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:18 am

a 4 STAR recruit with Offers:

Boston College, Delaware, Louisville, Maryland, Northwestern, Ohio St., Penn St., Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia Tech.

Vs a guy that had to go to a community college? We report. YOU decide! :roll:

Henzone
UD Class: 1970

Post by Henzone » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 am

Nation- You really have some strange thoughts about the sport.

RB's don't need much time to adjust when they arrive unlike most of the other positions. Looks early in the process like we now have 2 who will be contributing and hopefully a 3rd on June 1 and a 4th in Watson.

Doesn't matter how many stars anyone had, Robinson was not in sync last year and over weight but now appears to be ready to help this season.

That's all that counts!

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:57 am

I'm not saying he doesn't share some of the blame and RB is a position you can usually jump right into that's why with Watson coming in and Spruill still on the team with Lee and Robinson I was and still am more concerned about the WR position that I am getting another RB. But nobody ran well last year as our team finished below 3 yards a carry. This was a collective effort and one shared by the staff, the OL, and the rb's. With the OL looking like a strength this year and with him having a year under his belt and more opportunities to touch the ball I think he'll be fine.

In terms of transfers...I don't know. I can't remember the last transfer who came in during the summer after missing the Spring and made an immediate impact. Zack Kerr? Did he miss the Spring?

My point is if this trend over the last few years remains consistent, I think we missed the boat on adding players for next season who might make a substantial difference. Hopefully some of the young guys have break out seasons or this could be a long season.
The Dude Abides!

Henzone
UD Class: 1970

Post by Henzone » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:16 pm

"My point is if this trend over the last few years remains consistent, I think we missed the boat on adding players for next season who might make a substantial difference. Hopefully some of the young guys have break out seasons or this could be a long season."HZNation

If there has become one thing that is consistent over the last few years it would be your continuing whimpering about things that are not absolute when it comes to football. Over and over we hear from you about having to have every lineman at 300 lbs and this & that stat doesn't work for you and now a transfer arriving in the summer is too late. . Surprise, Andy Hall 's completion record was only 52% in 2002 and somehow he managed to improve it in 2003 and win the NC .

Miss the boat?? The boat is still incoming and hasn't docked yet with all the interested transfers.

This season is about the almost new coaching staff, new defense and readjusted offense. It is about a solid group of young talented players hopefully being coached up to claw their way into the playoffs. Sure it won't be easy but you can get your head out of your butt and take it week by week and game by game if you really want to enjoy any part of the upcoming season rather then surrendering in March. :lol:

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Henzone wrote:"My point is if this trend over the last few years remains consistent, I think we missed the boat on adding players for next season who might make a substantial difference. Hopefully some of the young guys have break out seasons or this could be a long season."HZNation

If there has become one thing that is consistent over the last few years it would be your continuing whimpering about things that are not absolute when it comes to football. Over and over we hear from you about having to have every lineman at 300 lbs and this & that stat doesn't work for you and now a transfer arriving in the summer is too late. . Surprise, Andy Hall 's completion record was only 52% in 2002 and somehow he managed to improve it in 2003 and win the NC .

Miss the boat?? The boat is still incoming and hasn't docked yet with all the interested transfers.

This season is about the almost new coaching staff, new defense and readjusted offense. It is about a solid group of young talented players hopefully being coached up to claw their way into the playoffs. Sure it won't be easy but you can get your head out of your butt and take it week by week and game by game if you really want to enjoy any part of the upcoming season rather then surrendering in March. :lol:
There's nothing wrong with observing a pattern (related to transfers and when they arrive) and asking others to challenge the observation with info to the contrary. Please be a little tolerant and more respectful of others' posts, HZNation is a great poster.

joe c

Post by joe c » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Mr 77 Nation is also an all around good egg..I enjoy his post as they are truly how he feels.... He keeps his word too....

Look we are changing schemes and it may take time..Throw that along with replacing some very key players...It takes time even in the NFL....Maybe this year we will play our best football in November for a change...We will be a very dangerous offensive football team.....