[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
GoHens.net • View topic - 3-14 Practice

3-14 Practice

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

Re: 3-14 Practice

Postby HENJOHN on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:17 am

HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby joe c on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:48 am

I couldn't make it yesterday as I nodded off watching the Phillies...lol...To me this is an exciting time..The foundation for future success will be built now...The most impressive thing is how we responded to our recent past offensive woes..Lets face it the offense has been terrible and that is being kind...We will be a different team...What impresses me we have done something about it...As I said the 2 best transfers are Cubit and Ambrose...Say good by to those boring offensive game plans...Say Hello to modern football...Winning with offense will be the norm..Exciting games are coming...We will have growing pains but I see a high end future....We have holes to fill on defense..Of that there is no doubt...New stars will emerge....They say defense wins championships and offense sells tickets...Well we need to sell some tickets because defense certainly didn't win us squat....It is today's game....I m pumped about the changes Rocco made and am ecstatic our staff saw it and did something about it...I honestly can't see a better staff in the FCS in the country....We need a havoc creater on defense...We have holes to fill. I see some track meets coming...I see a potentially explosive offensive football team....Yes it may take some time as even NFL teams struggle when systems are changed.... Recruits need to step up and hopefully they see the opportunity... Speed and elusiveness at QB is something only a handful of teams enjoy...If Henderson we have that chance...And believe me it is a major advantage...Its time to play like I been stressing for to many years...I have seen first hand what the other way does....Now its time to try winning by offense....And we will do just that...The CAA has become for the most part a defensive conference and we are building an offense....Searching for playmakers on defense and hopefully the staff will find the right grouping....Hopefully putting them in position to make plays...Defense will be the challenge..Offense will be a welcome change....
If nothing else, Mister C, The big wheel, Hendoo, Coach Mike, Zoner won't have to hear me bitch about this teams offense any longer.... It was painful.....
We win with offense and it all starts now!!!!!
joe c

Postby HENJOHN on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:52 am

Joe get ready for the TD Club Lunches this fall.
HENJOHN

Postby HenZoneNation on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:13 am

The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Postby tenn hen on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:19 am

THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS great to read your thoughts

I'm still concerned that we are not stout enough with our 2 guys mentioned from last season at DT though I love Ashworth especially. I'd like Ash at DE!
I may be the lone guy but I want 1 transfer to be a Shaun Johnson type guy though MUCH bigger for DT.

Whitehead I assume is an automatic at S with? I Agree about Burton on D. Poindexter?? injured again?? Stothers-how does he look? I expected big things when I watched his video in his recruiting.

I agree that fluidity and experimentation will be very positive for finding the pieces of the puzzle. We have the staff to complete the jigsaw puzzle!

Let's cross our fingers and stay clear of any major injuries. For that matter, min or ones as well.

I
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby HENJOHN on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:19 am

Former Hen and star DB Dominic Banks responded to him on twitter talking up UD.

https://twitter.com/campaignkjg_5/statu ... 04384?s=21
HENJOHN

Postby badassmotherclucker on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:55 am

Keep in mind that according to the 2019 spring roster, Covatto is 6'4" 300 lbs and Morris is 6'2" 305 lbs.

And also these guys at 285 lbs who aren't apparently aren't big enough to play the position according to some, yet the average FCS DT is 285 lbs.
badassmotherclucker

UD Class: 1900

Postby HenZoneNation on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 am

I'm not as concerned about the DT's if we play a 3-4. Ashworth did as good a job as a 260 NT in a 3-4 that seldom blitzes could do. He and Burton are DT's and if we are going 4-3, which is what it sounds like, we should be okay. I agree 100% on a pass rusher though. It's been a long time since we've had a guy who reeks havoc from that position.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Postby badassmotherclucker on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:49 am

This isn't the wild west of the early 00's when it comes to impact transfers (Shawn Johnson level) on the FCS level for the most part, however. The landscape is different.

And It's not really the 3-4 that's a problem on the surface, it's the conservative passive version of it we've seen but hopefully that changes when the offense is no longer a dumpster fire.
badassmotherclucker

UD Class: 1900

Postby Jaxhen on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:16 am

Jaxhen

Postby mpwerrell on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 am

mpwerrell

Postby joe c on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Suit him up baby...We all make mistakes and deserve another chance...A judge once upon a time gave me a second chance and I ain't been back since....God Bless Him....
I turned out Okay.....

Now what I think we really need defensively is a pass rushing D end that can create havoc....

However I see magic coming offensively....I am stoked....In todays football world you win w speed and offense....I have had enough of watching pathetic offense....

Mr Badass I agree w you totally about the 3 4 we play....Watch Pittsburgh's 3 4 then watch ours... Big Difference....They can stick the 3 4 Oklahoma we play...

All eyes on this offense...It may take some time but its explosiveness is on our door step....
joe c

Postby Baltimore Hen on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:29 pm

Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby tenn hen on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby Caribbean Hen on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:08 pm