Live Construction Footage

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Sally in RI
UD Class: 1974

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by Sally in RI » Mon May 20, 2019 9:05 am

jd of de wrote:It’s looking pretty quiet this morning.
They just swung another steel riser support over the top and into place. It looks like they have already installed 3 of them today.

Sally in RI

Post by Sally in RI » Mon May 20, 2019 9:58 am

Hey you engineering types...what's the difference between red steel and gray steel? Just wondering.

UDPat

Post by UDPat » Mon May 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Back in the 1910's and early 1920's, St. Anthony's of Padua church was being constructed in Wilmington. Many parishioners gave up their vacation's and volunteered those weeks to help with construction. This is fact as my grandfather was on of those individuals.

If you are so worried about when construction will be completed or that you may be just a little inconvenienced initially.......Here's your chance to ensure none of that happens!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard enough!!!!

dublu40
UD Class: 1980

Post by dublu40 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Red steel is steel that has a sprayed-on paint primer.
Gray (galvanized steel) is the same steel, only it undergoes a process that plates it with a zinc-alloy to protect it from the elements.

Galvanized (gray) is used for all exposed or ground-contact framing. For all framing components above concrete and enclosed, the primed steel (red) is used and is cheaper.

Sally in RI

Post by Sally in RI » Mon May 20, 2019 1:45 pm

dublu40 wrote:Red steel is steel that has a sprayed-on paint primer.
Gray (galvanized steel) is the same steel, only it undergoes a process that plates it with a zinc-alloy to protect it from the elements.

Galvanized (gray) is used for all exposed or ground-contact framing. For all framing components above concrete and enclosed, the primed steel (red) is used and is cheaper.
Thanks.

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Mon May 20, 2019 4:40 pm

+1
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Mon May 20, 2019 4:47 pm

93BlueHen wrote:
HENJOHN wrote:Just picked mine out. They have samples of the seats there, a setup to show actual leg room expected and a board showing whats already taken. I'm a second day selector and much of Sec D was already gobbled up by the Large Donors. I still got Sec D but had to go up a number of Rows higher. Barb Flemming was greeting people. Went smoothly...... most of the fans there were talking about how worried they were about the Stadium being ready for the opener. One older fan was grousing "where's all the steel!!".
It looks like they removed about 8 rows from the bottom of Sec D with the club windows and awning and about three rows from the bottom of Sec's C and E with the expanded entry ramps, so everyone got bumped up a bit I assume.

From what I have been told there is no view of the field from the Club with the exception of the President's box/patio. Those window doors at the bottom of Section D are for access to the President's box/patio.

Where is accessible seating for the "disabled"?

Gannonfan
UD Class: 1995

Post by Gannonfan » Fri May 24, 2019 10:14 am

Hey, what happened to the cameras? I haven't seen video in a couple of days.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Fri May 24, 2019 10:26 am

GF, I've been able to view.

The steel support for the lower seats is complete and looks like ground prep on the North Side this morning.

You'd have to think things will pick up significantly next week.........
"You gotta win to get love. I mean, that's just life" (Ricky Bobby)

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Mon May 27, 2019 10:35 am

Whoa, looks like turf gone from the field - to be replaced.

TexasHen

Post by TexasHen » Mon May 27, 2019 11:16 am

Pretty sure the turf was just covered over.

Looking more & more like visible progress is about to kick into high gear!
GO HENS!

finpxz1

Post by finpxz1 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:45 pm

I'm assuming they are covering the field for next weekend's graduation ceremony???

rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy » Wed May 29, 2019 5:39 pm

The progress being made is now more visible (pans for concrete going in, seeing roadway/pathways, etc.) Fun to see.

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:48 pm

Where is the link to the construction cameras?

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:35 pm

https://bluehens.com/feature/WACConstruction

Not a lot of progress in the last couple of days. Hopefully, work takes off with Commencement completed.