Live Construction Footage

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
Section J
UD Class: 1983

Live Construction Footage

Post by Section J » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:17 pm

Go to youtube and watch the UDlax game vs Mercer. Clear view of the construction going on.
Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
–George Burns

BearHen

Re: Live Construction Footage

Post by BearHen » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:24 pm

It would be easier just to go to https://bluehens.com/feature/WACConstruction and watch it live as it's happening.

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:40 am

it appears that the skeleton of the press box might be removed anytime. That will be a welcome sight :wink: . Good to view our contributions to UD moving toward a modernization of our stadium.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:06 am

It will be even me fun to start watching the upgrades versus all the demo. Cant wait.

BearHen

Post by BearHen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:43 pm

Does anyone know why they cut out at the top by the press box? Is it to create an access to the new press box? I was thinking they would create an elevator to make it easy on the people taking equipment and what ever to it. I was a little surprise what area they also cut out at the bottom. I can see the reason on the right as it matches what the end result might be but it's a little much on the left side. I guess we'll know when it's done. It's sort of interesting watching it live. I had it on this morning and had to leave and came back and saw the cut out at the top. I thought I was going to see the final sections of the old press box removed but it doesn't look like they did anything today about that.

HENJOHN
UD Class: 1981

Post by HENJOHN » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:46 am

Nice to see them working on a beautiful Saturday. Man they are really chewing up the West side.

Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:51 pm

press box floor coming off today......
In ROCCO I Trust!

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:55 pm

I was also a little surprised about them taking that part out of the top of section C. They are really getting after it now and I'm happy to see that Blue Box POS go 8)
"You gotta win to get love. I mean, that's just life" (Ricky Bobby)

Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:17 am

and gone is the press box!
In ROCCO I Trust!

Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:40 am

looks as though more of sec C is coming down.....Could they be removing the entirety of C, D, and E and replacing with new? The chair backs will certainly require a wider row and we all know that the current rows are tight for the bench seating.....
In ROCCO I Trust!

hens05alum
UD Class: 2005

Post by hens05alum » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:30 am

I'm concerned about the handrail situation. Those handrails were state of the art when they were installed a couple years ago. Do they intend to re-purpose the old handrails to another facility in athletics or will they reinstall the current handrails into the improved stadium once the renovations are getting wrapped up? I really appreciated the sturdiness and quality of the handrails in the stadium.
V for Villanova, V for veritable certainty of victory over Delaware.

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:22 pm

hens05alum wrote:I'm concerned about the handrail situation. Those handrails were state of the art when they were installed a couple years ago. Do they intend to re-purpose the old handrails to another facility in athletics or will they reinstall the current handrails into the improved stadium once the renovations are getting wrapped up? I really appreciated the sturdiness and quality of the handrails in the stadium.

Yes 05, we'll all need those handrails to clutch on to when we are there for future 'Nova games :lol:
"You gotta win to get love. I mean, that's just life" (Ricky Bobby)

Baltimore Hen

Post by Baltimore Hen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 pm

so it appears that it will be total demolition of C at least and likely D and E as well.
In ROCCO I Trust!

badassmotherclucker
UD Class: 1900

Post by badassmotherclucker » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:59 pm

If only there was a way for people to see what is going on...

BearHen

Post by BearHen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Didn't you see the link to the live coverage at the top. You can watch it all day and night if you want from either the front or back of the stadium. Just no announcer explaining what is going on. Just got to guess. It's definite though that the press box is officially gone.