Transfers

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Re: Transfers

Post by tenn hen » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 am

jd of de wrote:
tenn hen wrote:HZN- bingo!! I've posted that we need a true NT before next season. there are other priorities as well as many have posted their main needs. After we see how the transfers shake out down the road, maybe we'll get all the "presents" we all want for a great 2019 season and it ain't :D even Xmas yet
i suggest watching more tape and put down the stats ... Ashworth & Covatto are our NT's
I beg to differ with your assessment. Our non-existent pass rush last season showed the lack of size though NOT the lack of heart and effort ,esp by Ashworth who is an aggressive guy who switched to DE would be a real force. JMHO
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

bluehenbillk
UD Class: 1991

Post by bluehenbillk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:29 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:FCS fans as well as all college football fans should pay special attention to some notable transfers this offseason as they may change the way the transfer process works forever.

Justin Fields & Tate Martell are two high-profile QB transfers that are both going to appeal to play right away versus sitting a year as NCAA rules dictate. Fields' lawyer is rumored to play the race card as there was an incident at UGA where a baseball player referred from the stands during a game to Fields as the n-word. Fields never actually heard him & the incident didn't sway his family from sending his younger sister to UGA either. Martell may try to use a coaching change from Urban Meyer to Ryan Day as his reasoning.

The bottom line is this, if these guys ARE granted immediate eligibility the walls against undergrad transfers will most likely come crumbling down thus negating FCS schools #1 advantage for transfers in immediate eligibility.

Stay tuned.
Well it happened. The face of football transfers has changed forever. FBS players will in most cases no longer be required to sit out a year when transferring from one FBS school to another. Fields from UGA was granted immediate eligibility at OSU today and is nowhere near a graduate transfer. The FCS transfer pipeline is gonna run really dry....
#SaveThePeeWall

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:49 am

jd of de wrote:
tenn hen wrote:HZN- bingo!! I've posted that we need a true NT before next season. there are other priorities as well as many have posted their main needs. After we see how the transfers shake out down the road, maybe we'll get all the "presents" we all want for a great 2019 season and it ain't :D even Xmas yet
i suggest watching more tape and put down the stats ... Ashworth & Covatto are our NT's

With all do respect Ashworth is not a NT. He was forced to play out of position because we did not have a NT. I don't remember Covatto playing much. If we aren't going with a 3-4 it doesn't really matter. I think Ashworth did a great job for playing the position so light. He's a DT or DE. You need a monster in the middle who commands constant double teaming. Our defense was a let down last year and no where near the top FCS defense in the FCS that we thought they'd be...that had a lot to do with the DL.
The Dude Abides!

badassmotherclucker
UD Class: 1900

Post by badassmotherclucker » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Fresh take. :roll:

rooneyguy
UD Class: 1988

Post by rooneyguy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:44 am

First day of the spring semester at UD so we should hear about any transfers that will be around for spring practice soon.

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:33 pm

rooneyguy wrote:First day of the spring semester at UD so we should hear about any transfers that will be around for spring practice soon.
Crickets.

Henzone
UD Class: 1970

Post by Henzone » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:51 am

We already heard about both of them weeks ago.

rooneyguy

Post by rooneyguy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:53 am

Henzone wrote:We already heard about both of them weeks ago.
Oh, thanks. I forgot that having some posters on GoHens hear about such things makes it official.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 am

rooneyguy wrote:
Oh, thanks. I forgot that having some posters on GoHens hear about such things makes it official.
Darien & Burton were both previously mentioned in the News Journal . Does that count?

Danny announced at Mitchell that we had 2 coming aboard for spring and 2-3 possible for Summer.

That would be hearsay coming from the top ??

SussexJay 's board is always based on some type of verification.

rooneyguy

Post by rooneyguy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:20 am

Henzone wrote:
rooneyguy wrote:
Darien & Burton were both previously mentioned in the News Journal . Does that count?

Danny announced at Mitchell that we had 2 coming aboard for spring and 2-3 possible for Summer.

That would be hearsay coming from the top ??

SussexJay 's board is always based on some type of verification.
Beginning to think that Tenn Hen is right sometimes.

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Post by HenZoneNation » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:25 am

badassmotherclucker wrote:Fresh take. :roll:
What’s your take on it or is there no emjoi for that? Love guys that take shots and offer nothing. If I’m wrong about our DL play and not having guys playing their natural positions show me. Considering we are switching to a 4-3 while losing no one on our DL I’m going to assume we don’t have the personnel to do that. Our young LB’s got a lot of playing time and looked the part and if Kolby is being moved to MLB why wouldn’t we stick with a defense our staff is most comfortable with and that we have recruited for the last three classes? Maybe there is an emjoi for that response for that one.

I like this class but I am concerned about the roster especially if the transfers coming (or not) in the summer are not expected to make an immediate impact like what’s been mentioned on the board. If we are banking on an OC to fix everything after losing the talent we did last year is troubling to say the least.

Great job recruiting, poor job with transfers. We need a WR, we need a LT, and we need someone to get to the QB.
The Dude Abides!

77HEN
UD Class: 1981

Post by 77HEN » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:00 am

I think there was a hope that more might come to light with the start of classes.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:35 pm

77HEN wrote:
I think there was a hope that more might come to light with the start of classes.
Then why didn't rooneyguy just say that? Maybe there is somebody we don't know about that will still surface but what is on our board and from what was said at Mitchell is that we had 2. If we had more than 2 then don't you think Danny would have said so ?? Better yet, don't you think it would be shared on this board?

This board supplies a plethora of fairly accurate info and usually much faster than any other public resource . Enjoy it and I'll PM you who the next 2 transfers are personally.
Last edited by Henzone on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

williams01
UD Class: 1986

Post by williams01 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:51 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:
badassmotherclucker wrote:Fresh take. :roll:
What’s your take on it or is there no emjoi for that? Love guys that take shots and offer nothing. If I’m wrong about our DL play and not having guys playing their natural positions show me. Considering we are switching to a 4-3 while losing no one on our DL I’m going to assume we don’t have the personnel to do that. Our young LB’s got a lot of playing time and looked the part and if Kolby is being moved to MLB why wouldn’t we stick with a defense our staff is most comfortable with and that we have recruited for the last three classes? Maybe there is an emjoi for that response for that one.

I like this class but I am concerned about the roster especially if the transfers coming (or not) in the summer are not expected to make an immediate impact like what’s been mentioned on the board. If we are banking on an OC to fix everything after losing the talent we did last year is troubling to say the least.

Great job recruiting, poor job with transfers. We need a WR, we need a LT, and we need someone to get to the QB.
We have a 3 star and 2 star receivers coming in. What else to you want? We have a great in coming class. A lot of talent.

edmondeagle
UD Class: 2016

Post by edmondeagle » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Has there been any word on Will Knight at all? i've seen all the hype on this board but haven't heard his name recently.