Coaching Changes

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
allteamball
Posts: 698
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 am
UD Class: 1992

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by allteamball » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:51 am

joe c wrote:We really could no doubt about it..Even more so in hoops where we really missed the boat...We turned down an invite to the A10 but it started long before this.,,.,....Wouldn't it be nice to see South Florida or Central Florida in Newark.....Once upon a time The Sporting News called the UD Temple rivalry the third best on the East coast w Army Navy and Penn st Pitt as the top 2..I have been to a few bowl games and they are big fun,.,..It is a great reward for these kids for all their hard work...It is real simple just ask the players where they rather be FCS our G5 FBS....It is what it is and I would be rooting for the Hens if they played in the flight A conference....,

Well another great day in store today as a handful off good games are on tap...

Watching those kids faces when the players were playing with them was priceless....
I've been fortunate enough to go south to see Clemson in bowl games in Tampa and Miami in recent years. The experience was priceless. Would love to enjoy this type of experince with Delaware football.

Hens79
Posts: 3271
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by Hens79 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:05 pm

allteamball wrote:
joe c wrote:We really could no doubt about it..Even more so in hoops where we really missed the boat...We turned down an invite to the A10 but it started long before this.,,.,....Wouldn't it be nice to see South Florida or Central Florida in Newark.....Once upon a time The Sporting News called the UD Temple rivalry the third best on the East coast w Army Navy and Penn st Pitt as the top 2..I have been to a few bowl games and they are big fun,.,..It is a great reward for these kids for all their hard work...It is real simple just ask the players where they rather be FCS our G5 FBS....It is what it is and I would be rooting for the Hens if they played in the flight A conference....,

Well another great day in store today as a handful off good games are on tap...

Watching those kids faces when the players were playing with them was priceless....
I've been fortunate enough to go south to see Clemson in bowl games in Tampa and Miami in recent years. The experience was priceless. Would love to enjoy this type of experince with Delaware football.
all, the games in Clemson aren’t bad either :D That little town is hopping for those games. It is an electric environment in town, the tailgating lots and the stadium. I really enjoy it. I am heading down to the Texas A&M game in September.

While UD could never be a Clemson, they could could be a lot more than they are. Of that there is no doubt. It’s too bad they choose not too. And make no mistake, the new crew in charge has chosen not to. I just heard from a real in the room insider, UD actually discussed delaying the Whitney Center and stadium (minor) upgrade due to the $4M shortfall in fund raising. Can you imagine the fall out if that happened? Oh well, it is what it is and always has been. I’ll keep going and rooting for the Hens. And I will now have a chair back and maybe even join the club level if the price isn’t crazy. Clemson will be my big time football fix.

User avatar
Henzone
Posts: 10447
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:42 am
UD Class: 1970

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by Henzone » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:16 pm

'"a real in the room insider" :lol: :lol:

You never fail to amaze me with your continued indignation for UD yet you seem to love staying tuned on this board. . You chastised me for a number of years for being an alleged insider. Now your pals are eating the meatballs it seems. Can't have it both ways.

Happy New Year Ebeneezer !
Last edited by Henzone on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

allteamball
Posts: 698
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 am
UD Class: 1992

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by allteamball » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Hens79,
I attend both Delaware and Clemson home game each year. I love both schools with a strong affiliation to each. But for my real football fix, no contest, Clemson is it. My only wish is that the Delaware football environment becomes close to Clemson's. It will never equal but it can come close if the right decisions are made with a vision.

Hens79
Posts: 3271
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by Hens79 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:34 pm

Henzone wrote:'"a real in the room insider" :lol: :lol:

You never fail to amaze me with your continued indignation for UD yet you seem to love staying tuned on this board. . You chastised me for a number of years for being an insider. Now your pals are eating the meatballs it seems. Can't have it both ways.

Happy New Year Ebeneezer !
Happy New Year to you :D

FYI ... I can have it any way I please.

Indignation for simply stating my opinion and for saying something that is almost indisputable, i.e. that UD could do more?

And I don’t think the hall walkers were in this meeting eating meat balls. :D Anyway, care to dispute what I posted? Or do you simply want to unamizingly just come after me?

And hey, are you thinking about ponying up and getting club seats or are you just going to sit by yourself at games like you usually do?

Happy New Year again!

User avatar
Henzone
Posts: 10447
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:42 am
UD Class: 1970

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by Henzone » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:55 pm

79- I enjoy hearing about your Clemson trip several times a year. At least they're positive and upbeat posts despite the repetitiveness. Should I include a summary of my annual trip to Charlotte and my experience in the Panther's Luxury Box?

I don't give a rat's candy cane about what might or might not have been said about the renovations even if you heard it from Chrissi directly. The parade is going forward.

Do you want to hear again why KC got fired? That's about as relevant.

If I decide I want Club Seats, cost won't be a factor , trust me.
Image

joe c
Posts: 11212
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:29 am

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by joe c » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:09 pm

Hey Allteam and 79 lets take a road trip to Tiger Town Tavern.lol.... Heck for an extra dollar I got to go upstairs and smoke....Been to one Clemson game....Absolutely amazing....
Then lets get a bowl game in New Orleans or San Diego or the Bahama's. Now we would be talking...

allteamball
Posts: 698
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:54 am
UD Class: 1992

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by allteamball » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 pm

joe c wrote:Hey Allteam and 79 lets take a road trip to Tiger Town Tavern.lol.... Heck for an extra dollar I got to go upstairs and smoke....Been to one Clemson game....Absolutely amazing....
Then lets get a bowl game in New Orleans or San Diego or the Bahama's. Now we would be talking...
I'm in! We can hit the Esso Club as well!

I thought about going out to Santa Clara for the Championship game next week but I saw the price tag for the trip and said, nah, I'll watch it on my 60in! If I'm traveling, I'm going SOUTH in the winter.....I follow the birds!

Hens79
Posts: 3271
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:23 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by Hens79 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:38 pm

allteamball wrote:
joe c wrote:Hey Allteam and 79 lets take a road trip to Tiger Town Tavern.lol.... Heck for an extra dollar I got to go upstairs and smoke....Been to one Clemson game....Absolutely amazing....
Then lets get a bowl game in New Orleans or San Diego or the Bahama's. Now we would be talking...
I'm in! We can hit the Esso Club as well!

I thought about going out to Santa Clara for the Championship game next week but I saw the price tag for the trip and I said, nah, I'll watch it on my 60in! If I'm traveling, I'm going SOUTH in the winter.
I'll be there the weekend of 7 Sept. Come on down! It will be a blast. TTT, Esso Club, etc ... and that special drink ... jet fuel ... Phew!

But joec, wouldn't you rather be in Frisco than NOLA, San Diego or the Bahamas? :D :D :D

hendog
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:36 pm

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by hendog » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:14 am

went to military bowl in Annapolis yesterday great atmosphere and game even in the rain parking lot sold out if anybody thinks lower tier bowl games aren't good there crazy what a great day even if wasn't in florida would love to see UD in bowl game lets join the AAC. Parked on side with VT fans they didn't seem to disappointed.

joe c
Posts: 11212
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:29 am

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by joe c » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:49 pm

Good Post Dog....They are a total blast...Great game too...I am definitely biased as the 4 bowl games I have been to all involved Notre Dame including an off the chart Sugar Bowl...The last one was the Pinstripe Bowl against Rutgers...Awful game but spending a few days in New York mingling w ND and Rutgers fans was fantastic,,,,Watching G5 UCF play LSU in the Fiesta Bowl without 8 starters mind you, tells me it could happen..LSU coach Miles said UCF is the fastest team they have played all year. wow...Good games on...love it....

I urge every one to go to a bowl game especially in New Orleans....Nothing like it...Worth every dime....

User avatar
bluehenbillk
Posts: 11189
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:52 am
UD Class: 1991
Location: Poipu Beach, HI

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by bluehenbillk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:28 am

hendog wrote:went to military bowl in Annapolis yesterday great atmosphere and game even in the rain parking lot sold out if anybody thinks lower tier bowl games aren't good there crazy what a great day even if wasn't in florida would love to see UD in bowl game lets join the AAC. Parked on side with VT fans they didn't seem to disappointed.
I've been to 3 Military Bowls - all were great & I'd recommend to any poster.
#SaveThePeeWall

User avatar
Baltimore Hen
Posts: 8368
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:52 am
UD Class: 0
Location: Baltimore

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by Baltimore Hen » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:50 pm

Joe C were you surprised Longo left Ole Miss for UNC?
In ROCCO I Have Great Concern!

joe c
Posts: 11212
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:29 am

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by joe c » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:Joe C were you surprised Longo left Ole Miss for UNC?

Not at all...He will get the chance to work with revered Coach Mack Brown and with the sanctions Ole Miss is facing it doesn't surprise me at all...

Henfan713
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:27 pm
UD Class: 2027

Re: Coaching Changes

Post by Henfan713 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:09 am

joe c wrote:
Baltimore Hen wrote:Joe C were you surprised Longo left Ole Miss for UNC?

Not at all...He will get the chance to work with revered Coach Mack Brown and with the sanctions Ole Miss is facing it doesn't surprise me at all...
Anyone else think Greg Schiano would be the perfect fit for temple? and Just might be grateful for another shot after the Tennessee fiasco and stay a little longer?

Post Reply