Questions for coach Rocco

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
wacko4flacco
UD Class: 1990

Questions for coach Rocco

Post by wacko4flacco » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:52 pm

What would you ask coach Rocco If You could ask him anything, I would ask him these questions:

** Did you see the season as a success with a 7-5 record and first round playoff loss? Why? Why Not?

**Do you see this team progressing to a winning culture that should benefit us next year despite important personnel losses?

**Kareem Williams And Thomas Jefferson looked very promising in prior years, but were relegated to limited action and special teams. Did you see the main running tandem as better than those two prior to the season and during the season or were other issues at play preventing them from field time?

**What was your biggest disappointment this season overall?
**What was your biggest disappointment position wise (not specific players)?

**What were you most pleased with this year?
**What were your most positive surprises position wise?

**Do you give coordinators full autonomy to run their schemes and play calling during the game? How often do you trump their game plan?

**What is your most pressing concern for next year’s team?

**Do you feel you have a QB on the roster capable of FCS championship play in the next 3 years?
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Re: Questions for coach Rocco

Post by HenZoneNation » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Maybe those questions won’t be needed:
https://twitter.com/craighaley/status/1 ... 29696?s=21
The Dude Abides!

UDForever

Post by UDForever » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:18 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:Maybe those questions won’t be needed:
https://twitter.com/craighaley/status/1 ... 29696?s=21
I don’t think it’s implying that Rocco is in the running for the Brown job, just listing Korn Ferry’s track record.

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Yes, agree with above.

Henzone
UD Class: 1970

Post by Henzone » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:47 pm

UDfootball@ WDSD.com is where you can ask questions for the Wednesday night show. I suspect there may be one more this week.

Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Henzone wrote:UDfootball@ WDSD.com is where you can ask questions for the Wednesday night show. I suspect there may be one more this week.

Klatzken said there is no show after the game on Saturday. Was he wrong with that statement?
In ROCCO I Trust!

Maddog@76
UD Class: 1976

Post by Maddog@76 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Actually wacko, I would be very interested hearing the answer to those questions as well. That would be a great gesture if Coach Rocco would post his answers to the questions! Wayne Hanby

hens4life

Post by hens4life » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:02 pm

After starting several games at Boston College, why didn’t Wade get one single snap the entire season?

allteamball
UD Class: 1992

Post by allteamball » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 pm

hens4life wrote:After starting several games at Boston College, why didn’t Wade get one single snap the entire season?
.....that reason will stay inside the locker room.

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:
Henzone wrote:UDfootball@ WDSD.com is where you can ask questions for the Wednesday night show. I suspect there may be one more this week.

Klatzken said there is no show after the game on Saturday. Was he wrong with that statement?
No, I talked with him this evening and I was mistaken.

hens4life

Post by hens4life » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:36 pm

allteamball wrote:
hens4life wrote:After starting several games at Boston College, why didn’t Wade get one single snap the entire season?
.....that reason will stay inside the locker room.
Maybe KT should make a phone call directly to Mr Wade?

ColoradoHen
UD Class: 1977

Post by ColoradoHen » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:30 pm

I would like to ask when is the last time an FCS National Champion routinely used a passive 3-4 "keep bending until you break" defense???

wacko4flacco
UD Class: 1990

Post by wacko4flacco » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:36 pm

What’s scary is that if you don’t trust the talent at linebacker and d backs to put more men up front this year, when will you ever?
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020

BlueClaw
UD Class: 1965

Post by BlueClaw » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:14 pm

What are you going to do to improve the Defense play???

Henzone

Post by Henzone » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:21 pm

ColoradoHen wrote:I would like to ask when is the last time an FCS National Champion routinely used a passive 3-4 "keep bending until you break" defense???
Bama uses it quite a bit. They're not too bad.

" Anyway, this is the vanilla shell upon which all of Nick Saban’s defenses revolve: The 2-gap 3-4 scheme. Saban learned it from Bill Belichick, who had learned it from Bill Parcells, who had learned a variation of it from Bum Phillips, who had adopted it from college, particularly fom the OU Sooners juggernauts of the 40s and 50s..

"As of 2018, NFL teams that regularly incorporate the 3–4 defensive alignment scheme as a base include the Green Bay Packers, Los Angeles Rams, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Giants, New York Jets, Washington Redskins, Denver Broncos, Tennessee Titans, Houston Texans, and the Chicago Bears."

We need a big DT to start with and with Nichols we certainly had one in 2017. This year we did not.