Adderley

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
HenZoneNation
UD Class: 1998

Adderley

Post by HenZoneNation » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:30 pm

https://twitter.com/craighaley/status/1 ... 09024?s=21

Gonna be another talent we’ve squandered if things don’t improve.
The Dude Abides!

HenZoneNation

Re: Adderley

Post by HenZoneNation » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:07 pm

The Dude Abides!

HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Adderley and Reeder getting some love:

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-nfl ... erley-bzbz
The Dude Abides!

williams01
UD Class: 1986

Post by williams01 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:54 am

HenZoneNation wrote:https://twitter.com/craighaley/status/1 ... 09024?s=21

What do you mean we are 5 and 2. We are on the right path, unless you need everything to be perfect. But
not surprised by the negativity.

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:10 pm

HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:45 pm

williams01 wrote:

What do you mean we are 5 and 2. We are on the right path, unless you need everything to be perfect. But
If you think that it’s okay to have had the individual talent we’ve had with the results we’ve had you’re hopeless. Last year we had an NFL drafted DT (hardest position to recruit at the FCS level...we’ve had two players at the position not make NFL teams but become key parts of their teams rotations) playing with MLB and a safety who will be suiting up next year in the NFL the last two years and we didn’t make the playoffs (and they expanded the field as well). It’s embarrassing. Expect more. Last year we lost to a crappy Nova team and it cost us the playoffs so I’m sorry if a 5-2 record is enough for you to assume that we’ll cruise into the playoffs. But to people who have watch the last three coaches (including Keeler...don’t want Henzone to get upset) lose must win game(s) 5-2 means nothing especially when you look at what we have and what we’re losing after this season. Playoffs aren’t an option as next year we seem to be staring at another 2015. #Emabarassing.

That being said...great news for Nas...https://twitter.com/smallschoolguru/sta ... 78470?s=21
Last edited by HenZoneNation on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dude Abides!

Info Hound
UD Class: 1900

Post by Info Hound » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:50 pm

The culture and attitude is changing. Expect success. Don't look back.
#BlueHensRising 2019-2020 will be a year of measurable success: Football, M&W basketball, MSoccer, M&W Lacrosse, and more!

Hensatiable

Post by Hensatiable » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:43 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:
williams01 wrote:

If you think that it’s okay to have had the individual talent we’ve had with the results we’ve had you’re hopeless. Last year we had an NFL drafted DT (hardest position to recruit at the FCS level...we’ve had two players at the position not make NFL teams but become key parts of their teams rotations) playing with MLB and a safety who will be suiting up next year in the NFL the last two years and we didn’t make the playoffs (and they expanded the field as well). It’s embarrassing. Expect more. Last year we lost to a crappy Nova team and it cost us the playoffs so I’m sorry if a 5-2 record is enough for you to assume that we’ll cruise into the playoffs. But to people who have watch the last three coaches (including Keeler...don’t want Henzone to get upset) lose must win game(s) 5-2 means nothing especially when you look at what we have and what we’re losing after this season. Playoffs aren’t an option as next year we seem to be staring at another 2015. #Emabarassing.

That being said...great news for Nas...https://twitter.com/smallschoolguru/sta ... 78470?s=21
I don't think anyone said they see the Hens "cruising into the playoffs". Everyone who's commented has acknowledged that winning 3 of the next 4 isn't going to be a cake walk. Coach Rocco has changed the team's level of expectation. The whole theme of this year is "unfinished business". 5-2 is exactly where most people expected the record to be. Some different faces have emerged and some have waned in the CAA, but the record is still the record. The playoffs aren't guaranteed, but what is?

I don't believe playoffs aren't an option next year. Especially since not one practice or scrimmage has been run for the 2019 Blue Hens. I personally think the offense will be better next year than it is now and balance will be better which will help the defense adjust to the new normal. As far as the kids the team is losing, you're right...they're very talented. Top players, but that's college football. I have seen a lot from the young LBers and I think they're going to step in and play really, really well. Replacing #9 and #23 would be hard for ANY team, but the defensive recruiting has been excellent over the past two years. There's talent at TE too to mitigate the loss of #85. Seniors graduate and new leaders emerge. It's what makes college football so great.

How can you be embarrassed by something that hasn't happened? That's a grim way to live.
Chicken Little was obviously a Blue Hen

HenZoneNation

Post by HenZoneNation » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 pm

You think after we lose our starting RT, Center, our starting TE whose now tied a school record for consecutive games with a TD, all three of our starting WR's, and our starting RB that we will be better next year on offense? I want whatever you're drinking. The only thing more depressing is the fact that we will also lose 3/4 starting LB's and all four of our DB's.

I want what you're drinking...it's not negative it's just the way it is. You sound like the Brock Flock that used to tell us all about how he was going to fix the program. I hope you're right but history is against you.
The Dude Abides!

UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Post by UD '01 grad » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:10 pm

+1 ^^^^^^^^

williams01
UD Class: 1986

Post by williams01 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:35 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:You think after we lose our starting RT, Center, our starting TE whose now tied a school record for consecutive games with a TD, all three of our starting WR's, and our starting RB that we will be better next year on offense? I want whatever you're drinking. The only thing more depressing is the fact that we will also lose 3/4 starting LB's and all four of our DB's.

I want what you're drinking...it's not negative it's just the way it is. You sound like the Brock Flock that used to tell us all about how he was going to fix the program. I hope you're right but history is against you.
Look at the recruiting class, it already looks good with 11 recruits . We will be ok. Don't worry about it til the time comes. They may
surprise you. I think we will have a good team next year and i think a lot of freshman will really help us next year. Stay positive!!!!! GO HENS!!!!!!!!!!

UD1Hens
UD Class: 2009

Post by UD1Hens » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:46 pm

williams01 wrote:
HenZoneNation wrote:You think after we lose our starting RT, Center, our starting TE whose now tied a school record for consecutive games with a TD, all three of our starting WR's, and our starting RB that we will be better next year on offense? I want whatever you're drinking. The only thing more depressing is the fact that we will also lose 3/4 starting LB's and all four of our DB's.

Look at the recruiting class, it already looks good with 11 recruits . We will be ok. Don't worry about it til the time comes. They may
surprise you. I think we will have a good team next year and i think a lot of freshman will really help us next year. Stay positive!!!!! GO HENS!!!!!!!!!!
I like our freshmen and class quite a bit too Williams. They will hopefully be immediate impact guys
Goal: Delaware playoff football talk at the table on Thanksgiving Day.

Hensatiable

Post by Hensatiable » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:53 am

Your condescending remarks aside, it's not the way it is. It's the way you think it will be. It's your opinion. It's your pessimistic prediction. You're choosing to believe that the team will be unable to win without several people it has now. Remember, it's the same people that were having issues with success as recently as last season. Some of those positions are discussed on here as "needing to be upgraded". So, do they need to be upgraded or are they irreplaceable?
Chicken Little was obviously a Blue Hen

BlueHenBill

Post by BlueHenBill » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Adderly had the ESPN #1 college play on Sat, Oct 20 with his kick return for a TD vs. UNH. Shouldn't UD have Adderly as the deep returner on one side either routinely or in big games (like Stony Brook) or is he too valuable to the D to risk injury returning kickoffs?

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:20 pm

BlueHenBill wrote:Adderly had the ESPN #1 college play on Sat, Oct 20 with his kick return for a TD vs. UNH. Shouldn't UD have Adderly as the deep returner on one side either routinely or in big games (like Stony Brook) or is he too valuable to the D to risk injury returning kickoffs?
Is there a decision Rocco and staff make that you will not call into question? Their decisions have played a large part in making us relevant in November and controlling our our destiny. QUIT QUESTIONING EVERY SINGLE DECISION.