Penn State VS UD

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.

Re: Penn State VS UD

Postby wacko4flacco on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:35 pm

jl1968 wrote:My opinion is Penn St. football should have got the death sentence for at least10 years! UD should not be playing them!

10 years is pretty much the death sentence. If you believe that, why not strip them of football altogether? Maybe a step further, maybe you close the institution? “Wacko, you’re being ridiculous now”, some may say. But is it really that far a stretch? In both cases you are punishing a lot of people who had absolutely nothing to do with the horrible things that Sandusky did and others by not speaking up.

What happened there was horrendous and the Paterno worship was out of control for a long time, but when trying to punish people outside the legal system we tend to get into a lot of trouble.

Where does it end? How many people should get punished outside our legal process? Those who want punitive damages to the institution need to take a look at who that really hurts and the logical problem that remedy presents.
Last edited by wacko4flacco on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020
wacko4flacco

UD Class: 1990

Postby Maddog@76 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:41 pm

Henfan: Agree with you 100% in regards to Penn State. We have no business playing them in football (unless mandated by conference, playoff or national championship format).
I am not excited playing any major FBS team just for the sake of a check. More so if there are unsavory conditions attached to a particular institution, it does not matter how much money is offered (right is right and wrong is wrong) - I try to instill the same values in my grandchildren that my grandparents taught me, “you can’t put a price tag on integrity. If you compromise just once, it is lost forever!” To do something solely because of the amount of a paycheck is a wrong message to send.
There are plenty of teams to choose from. Just do not need to travel to Happy Valley. Wayne Hanby ‘76
Maddog@76

UD Class: 1976

Postby NitLion on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:40 pm

Hey guys. Penn State alum here, just wanted to say that I hope you guys have a good time when you come up, and offer a beer (Yuengling of course) if you swing by my tailgate. If you have any questions about the area or tailgating feel free to PM me.

Also, the user who wanted to meet up with people to call them horses asses to their face for attending a university that happened to employ a few total scumbags a few years ago, please swing by too. Have a beer on me. (You'll see me by the Marine Corps flag from when I did 8 years in the infantry).
NitLion

UD Class: 1900

Previous

Return to The Roost