Welcome to the Roost!
As you may know, many good, loyal Blue Hen fans no longer visit GoHens.net because of the constant bickering and not-so-hidden agendas of many of our members. This discussion board was created as a place for respectful and civil discussion of Fightin’ Blue Hen Football – an alternative to the shenanigans of the Hen House. Hopefully these lost fans will find their way back here.
This board will be heavily monitored. Any post deemed by our moderators to be offensive, profane, irrelevant or insulting will be deleted. Entire topics may be moved to another board, or deleted in their entirety. Fans of rival schools are welcome here as long as they too, follow the rules. Over the years, we have had many fans from other schools positively contribute to GoHens.net. I do not expect this to be a land of sunshine and rainbows where everyone agrees with each other. We are all passionate about our Hens, but all have our own opinions. You do not have to agree with everyone’s opinions, but you DO have to respect their right to have them as long as they are not derogatory, profane, or personally insulting to any individual - whether a fellow GoHens member, player, coach, administrator, etc.
Here’s how you can “Rule the Roost”:
- 1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; prospective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
One more note:
The addition of The Roost, does NOT relax the rules of the Hen House or any of the other message boards. In fact, the rules above apply to ALL forums at GoHens.net, but have been only loosely enforced in the past. Many of you may remember that this board was shut down once previously a number of years ago when things got out of hand. The purpose of this entire site is, and always has been, to PROMOTE Delaware Football – not as a forum to practice debating skills, to attack coaches for their decisions, or to belittle players for their performance.
GO HENS !!!!!