Sports Network: 2019 Best FCS Nonconference Games

Respectful and civil discussion of Delaware Football
Forum rules
1. Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive.
2. Stay on topic. If you feel you really have something to add that doesn’t quite fit the current topic, start a new one.
3. Keep rebuttals and disagreements impersonal. You can disagree with someone respectfully without resorting to name-calling or other insults.
4. Do not single out players for criticism by name, number or position. These are 18-23 year-old kids that are trying their best while juggling a college class load. Let’s be supportive.
5. Remember always that players read these boards; players’ families read these boards; respective recruits read these boards; opposing fans read these boards. As a GoHens.net member, YOU represent Delaware Football to others. Please do so in a positive manner.
UD '01 grad
UD Class: 2001

Sports Network: 2019 Best FCS Nonconference Games

Post by UD '01 grad » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 am

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... m=&src=FCS

According to above, N.D. State at Delaware is not best FCS nonconference game of the year, of the month of September, or even in the top 2 on Sept. 14.

Info Hound
UD Class: 1900

Re: Sports Network: 2019 Best FCS Nonconference Games

Post by Info Hound » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:02 am

Okay, that settles it. I'll stay home. Well, maybe not :)
#BlueHensRising 2018-2019 will be a year of measurable success: Football (playoffs), M&W basketball, MSoccer (conf. tourney), MLacrosse, and more!

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:56 pm

R E S P E C T ???????
maybe we can prove the prognosticators wrong. the heck with their thoughts. :wink: It's an awesome opportunity to make a
statement.

Can DR prove his metal in his third year at the helm of a once proud UD football program?
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Henny
UD Class: 1985

Post by Henny » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:20 pm

Now that the new building is going up, he needs to prove his metal AND his mettle! :P
"You gotta win to get love. I mean, that's just life" (Ricky Bobby)

jd of de

Post by jd of de » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:28 pm

Reading Bisonville, the east side will be a sea of Green Bay Packer colors. :lol: :lol:

joe c

Post by joe c » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:44 pm

The more the merrier baby..We had no chance of beating Temple..We had no chance beating Louisiana Tech and so on...Lets play...Thats right Tenn go earn some respect..Opportunity is knocking...
First we have our Scrimmage game and then a tough test against Rhody which is more important than Dakota...Lets face the reality\..We have 2 new systems..We have to replace some good football players..It will take time. patience is required....What I do know is we will show up and play some hard hitting sound football....Rocco needs to tell this team about UD history w tears in his eyes....

Let it rip....they put their pants on one leg at a time just like us....The pressure is on them not us....
this one is for fun....I can't wait....do I see a victory, no I don't but I do expect a better showing than last year....

As always fast and loose the only way to fly.....

Henzone
UD Class: 1970

Post by Henzone » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Last year was a genuine beat down but I think quite a bit of it was the environment. That old indoor relic is tough to play in and the Bison fans scream their azzes off.

This year they bring an inexperienced team into the Tub where at least we do have a shot. I'm with Joe C, I think it will at be a real game this time.

Baltimore Hen
UD Class: 0

Post by Baltimore Hen » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:01 pm

"as NDSU looks to replace a ton of starters after graduating a class of 20+ seniors along with a new-look coaching staff with a new head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator, it's unknown who will be QB1 to start the season."

"The Bison, while always able to reload, will be young and inexperienced in multiple spots on the depth chart. The quarterback spot isn't the only unproven position on the roster, unlike national title threats SDSU and James Madison."

Likely Trevor Lance will start at QB this year. A RS frosh....So by Blue Hen standards he should not be able to perform on the field as he should need 2-3 years in the system to be able to go out and struggle as a first year starter.....but by NDSU standards should probably make a smooth transition into the starting role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hIczYWxUQM

They have a lot of spots to fill/replace including Head coach. While he is from within that does not always work out. A rookie QB, A rookie HC, first road game, Home field for us....There is an opportunity to be had for sure. Hopefully the team is not awestruck and DR and company drills into their head that Delaware football is not a program that looks up to anyone and has an expectation to win every time they lace up their cleats.
In ROCCO I Trust!

tenn hen
UD Class: 1967

Post by tenn hen » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:21 pm

I figured my "bait" would lure in joe and a few of you guys who are in dire need of some "football" talk. It worked. :lol:

I'm guessing my hope for an experienced Large DL transferring in seems to be fading at this point. Maybe one or two of our stud DL recruits can play immediately and show their stuff. We have a few I'm high on, though it's not often these youngsters are ready for the step up, but the newly included Redshirt 4 game rule is a blessing for us esp. against a Pitt team to help ward off stress on the DL.

Anybody have any news about the summer work our guys are putting in?- I'm especially interested in Henderson. Is he adding lbs?? I'd assume he and his buddy Knight are resuming their timing daily on the gridiron and working on the patterns Ambrose is planning to install on O.

Many question marks about this forthcoming season. We'll start to get a feel about this group in a little over a month. "Patience is a virtue", but hard to achieve as we wait!!!!!

Really pleased to view the recent progress on our stadium/facility. I can begin to visualize the modernization that will be completed even if they don't get that Press Box up and functioning.
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens

Chicken of War
UD Class: 2000

Post by Chicken of War » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:14 am

Pat struggled in last years game but in his defense, the OL and DL were completely outplayed and he was under duress shortly after receiving the snap. I think the key to remaining competitive in this one comes down entirely to the line of scrimmage. Easton Stick was also a real dual threat and the Hens just didn't have an answer. Avoiding giving up an opening drive score followed by an immediate pick 6 on the road didn't help much either.
Caveat gallus bellum. (Beware the chicken of war!!)

Caribbean Hen
UD Class: 2024

Post by Caribbean Hen » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:03 am

Just the fact that Easton Shtick is gone replaced by an inexperienced QB makes it a much closer game

He was a beast that the Hens had no answer for

Also our young D will need to step up and coaches should allow them to
Play to win, As playing not to win was working too well

joe c

Post by joe c » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:18 am

It worked Tenn...How can we not be excited to bring in team like this...As My Rick Flair says "If you want to be the man you Gotta beat the man"....Penn won't be no joke...Great schedule..Lets get that running game going which is what I want the most...Yes that's me saying that....

Mr chicken not only did they qut play us they manhandled us...Pat was a dear in the headlights...That will be different this year..We have a 5th year senior baby...We have a team that was embarrassed and they will do something about it....First is Del St and a huge game against Rhody....If we can run the ball we will be 2 and 0 heading to the showdown in Newark.....
If we get the game to the 4th we may shock some people...Not me, as Lou Holtz used to say "Act like you been there before"....

Lets play some football!!!!!