ODU Football

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Re: ODU Football

Postby hendog on Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm

didn't we get rid of a coach who did that,recruit florida and bring in real transfers?
hendog

Postby UD27 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Texas will be back, there is far too much top notch HS talent in TX and UT gets more than their fair share of those HS recruits. Nebraska is another story, their move to the Big 10 may have been good financially, but as to their recruiting, it really took a hit. The same TX HS market that should fuel UT's comeback, isn't nearly as accessible to Nebraska since they went to the Big 10. Texas with the right coach will be back, Nebraska, like UD has a much tougher road to travel.
"the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" Winston Churchill
UD27

Postby bluehenbillk on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Pedromon wrote:I'm sure Delaware recruits in this area....but clearly they are not doing a good job because we very rarely have ChesMont players. This league has three teams that are perennial top 20 PA teams.

I don't know Coach Ortega but I have seen in out on a number of occassions. Next time I see him...I am going to ask him how heavily Delaware recruits his players and if there is a issue in the relationship between his staff and Delaware's staff

Add Towson as the latest school to offer Ricky Ortega.
#SaveThePeeWall
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby Pedromon on Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:17 am

Good catch..I missed that one. Looks like he got an offer from Air Force as well according to his Twitter page
Rodney C-Men Class of 82

Pedromon

Postby bluehenbillk on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Pedromon wrote:

Good catch..I missed that one. Looks like he got an offer from Air Force as well according to his Twitter page

He's got 2 FBS & 7 FCS offers so far, you can find them all below, scroll down to the class of 2020 recruits...

https://pafootballnews.com/college-offers/
#SaveThePeeWall
bluehenbillk

Postby HenZoneNation on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:45 pm

Info Hound wrote:Rocco has never had a losing season. It won't happen here. We have just started the comeback, with hiccups.

Rhode Island game and Saturday made it feel more like a full fledge choke...I hope you're right though. I'm really tired of losing.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Postby UDPat on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:29 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
Pedromon wrote:

He's got 2 FBS & 7 FCS offers so far, you can find them all below, scroll down to the class of 2020 recruits...

Nice list and good to where some of these of these kids are going. Must be some smart kids, was very happy to see only a few going to ScumBagU!!!!
2018.....I already know I should have been named Richard
UDPat

Postby BlueHenBill on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:52 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
Pedromon wrote:

Some observations - UD commit Quincy Watson isn't shown with an offer from UD. FB/LB Dillon Trainers has offer from Nova. UD FR Liam Trainer did not get a Nova offer per gohens.net Recruiting and chose UD because too awkward to play for father at Nova. Towson is loading up on big OL/DL from PA.
BlueHenBill

Postby BlueHenBill on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:52 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
Pedromon wrote:

Some observations - UD commit Quincy Watson isn't shown with an offer from UD. FB/LB Dillon Trainer has offer from Nova. UD FR Liam Trainer did not get a Nova offer per gohens.net Recruiting and chose UD because too awkward to play for father at Nova. Towson is loading up on big OL/DL from PA.
Last edited by BlueHenBill on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueHenBill

Postby BlueHenBill on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:53 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
Pedromon wrote:

Some observations - UD commit Quincy Watson isn't shown with an offer from UD. FB/LB Dillon Trainers has offer from Nova. UD FR Liam Trainer did not get a Nova offer per gohens.net Recruiting and chose UD because too awkward to play for father at Nova. Towson is loading up on big OL/DL from PA.
BlueHenBill

Postby BlueHenBill on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:07 pm

Pedromon wrote:

Pedroman, When are you going to talk to Coatesville/other Ches/Mont coaches about UD's recruiting efforts with regard to their players? We are anxious for any insights.
BlueHenBill

Postby Pedromon on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:45 pm

Pedroman, When are you going to talk to Coatesville/other Ches/Mont coaches about UD's recruiting efforts with regard to their players? We are anxious for any insights.

If I knew any of them...I would. I have seen Coach Ortega out and about town three times.....once last year after a road playoff win....he and his staff came to the same local watering hole we went to post game. We bought them a round of drinks and congratulated them but didn't get a chance to talk to him. I
Rodney C-Men Class of 82

Pedromon

Postby bluehenbillk on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Pedro I was at the game tonight at Rustin. Do you know who Coatesville’s left tackle is, #77? He’s a monster. Dapree and Young were very impressive as well. Sloppy game for them with drops and penalties though.
#SaveThePeeWall
bluehenbillk

Postby Pedromon on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:32 pm

That is Ricky Santiago. He is 6'6' 320. He has a Towson offer. We could use that kind of size.

They have alot of penalties every game....some they deserve...some not so much.

They get a sideline warning or penalty almost every game...haven't seen it called on any other team in the last three seasons.
Rodney C-Men Class of 82

Pedromon

Postby Henzone on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 am

bluehenbillk wrote:
Henzone wrote:Remember our old foe ODU and how envious many of our fans were when they announced they were moving up.

What did you say there sonny??

ODU still has a football team after the clock hit midnight and their bus turned into a pumpkin in the Blacksburg parking lot. . 1 -3 after an azz whipping by Florida Atlantic 33-52.

Still waiting for all the inside info on the high school non recruiting issues . .. none apparently are forthcoming?
Henzone

UD Class: 1970

PreviousNext

Return to The Hen House