ODU Football

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Re: ODU Football

Postby dovetail on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Old Dommey knocks off Va Tech!
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust
dovetail

UD Class: 1966

Postby Gannonfan on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:05 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:
Henzone wrote:Remember our old foe ODU and how envious many of our fans were when they announced they were moving up.

What did you say there sonny??

And what's funny, it's not like HZ even needed to stick his neck out and start a thread mocking ODU. But no, he had to try to be snarky, try to pretend that the UD football program hasn't dropped immensely behind others we never should be behind, and he ends up calling out a team just a few days before they make him look silly with the biggest upset in years. What would we do without HZ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gannonfan

UD Class: 1995

Postby HENJOHN on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Who honestly saw that upset coming?. Largest upset in ESPN RPI since 2007. A backup QB for ODU as well.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby tenn hen on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:53 am

could any of you imagine what a feeling it would have been if UD had knocked off NDSU??
Mr Rocco would have been glorified as well as all the players! Oh well !
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby bluehenbillk on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:33 am

tenn hen wrote:could any of you imagine what a feeling it would have been if UD had knocked off NDSU??

I agree, it would have. However, defeat was quick & over almost immediately.
#SaveThePeeWall
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby UDPat on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:49 pm

I think it is time to get real.

We are the 1AA version of 2 1A schools. 1 is Texas and more so # 2 and I think very appropriate.....Nebraska

Will any of these 3 schools ever get their Mojo back? It is now time to ask and a very fair question.
2018.....I already know I should have been named Richard
UDPat

Postby tenn hen on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:22 pm

UDPat wrote:I think it is time to get real.

We are the 1AA version of 2 1A schools. 1 is Texas and more so # 2 and I think very appropriate.....Nebraska

Will any of these 3 schools ever get their Mojo back? It is now time to ask and a very fair question.

Pat- right about Nebraska where Frost has taken over at his alma mater and is getting shellacked. You're off on Texas this year. They've been in the dumps like us for a while, but are 3-1 this season with wins over USC and TCU. They hiccuped at Maryland in the season opener. Then beat Tulsa and the other big boys. Probably ranked in the top 25!!
tenn hen

Postby UDPat on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:10 pm

tenn hen wrote:

Pat- right about Nebraska where Frost has taken over at his alma mater and is getting shellacked. You're off on Texas this year. They've been in the dumps like us for a while, but are 3-1 this season with wins over USC and TCU. They hiccuped at Maryland in the season opener. Then beat Tulsa and the other big boys. Probably ranked in the top 25!!

So in your world, 4 games and your back. Hope you had better staying power in your prime. :wink: :wink:
My numbers don't back up at all.

2017 7/6 5/4
2016 5/7 3/6
2015 5/7 4/5
2014 6/7 5/4
2013 8/5 7/2 Mack Brown's last year
2012 9/4 5/4
2011 8/5 4/5
2010 5/7 3/6
2009 13/1 8/0

I guess if they are back than yes, so are the Hens????? :roll:
UDPat

Postby BlueHenBill on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:18 pm

One big upset win for ODU and all is right with their program? :roll:
BlueHenBill

Postby tenn hen on Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:29 am

UDPat wrote:
tenn hen wrote:

So in your world, 4 games and your back. Hope you had better staying power in your prime. :wink: :wink:
My numbers don't back up at all.

2017 7/6 5/4
2016 5/7 3/6
2015 5/7 4/5
2014 6/7 5/4
2013 8/5 7/2 Mack Brown's last year
2012 9/4 5/4
2011 8/5 4/5
2010 5/7 3/6
2009 13/1 8/0

I guess if they are back than yes, so are the Hens????? :roll:

Pat- Texas has too much talent every year not to get back to their old ways many years ago. I believe ODU is a different animal-who knows now after the big win?

UD - hell- who knows, but it doesn't look bright with the performances this year which have been downright horrible. I try to "keep the faith", but "it ain't easy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tenn hen

Postby Caribbean Hen on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 am

bluehenbillk wrote:
tenn hen wrote:could any of you imagine what a feeling it would have been if UD had knocked off NDSU??

I agree, it would have. However, defeat was quick & over almost immediately.

the only way to witness a quicker Chicken Hen death would be at the Perdue Plant.... :oops:
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby Baltimore Hen on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:09 pm

tenn hen wrote:
Pat- Texas has too much talent every year not to get back to their old ways many years ago. I believe ODU is a different animal-who knows now after the big win?

UD - hell- who knows, but it doesn't look bright with the performances this year which have been downright horrible. I try to "keep the faith", but "it ain't easy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texas is Texas. You are right, there is too much talent there to keep them off the radar forever.....

UD.......I am very concerned. We see too many FORMER powers struggling these days. Youngstown........EKU......SIU.....UNI (2 playoffs since 2008).......Just can not seem to get back on track. I am concerned that we have gotten so far removed from success, it is a presentation of nostalgia to recruits rather than possibility......The more distance that is created from last success, the less tangible it is for recruits.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby UDPat on Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:39 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:
tenn hen wrote:

Texas is Texas. You are right, there is too much talent there to keep them off the radar forever.....

UD.......I am very concerned. We see too many FORMER powers struggling these days. Youngstown........EKU......SIU.....UNI (2 playoffs since 2008).......Just can not seem to get back on track. I am concerned that we have gotten so far removed from success, it is a presentation of nostalgia to recruits rather than possibility......The more distance that is created from last success, the less tangible it is for recruits.

I need to see a lot more Texas before they are back to anything other than irrelevant. I guess no one saw the segment on Game day a couple of weeks ago on the Texas program. It sounded very similar to a former 1AA powerhouse in that facilities need upgrades and nothing has been done in 30 years. Weight room a joke. And the bottom line: No where near where they once stood

I agree about FORMER powers, things happen in cycles. It's just that 99% of football fans or fans of any sport for that matter never get to experience a 50-60 year run like most on here have.

I know you want it back. Will you get it? That answer I don't have. But I think I know the answer. :( :(
UDPat

Postby Info Hound on Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Rocco has never had a losing season. It won't happen here. We have just started the comeback, with hiccups.
#BlueHensRising 2018-2019 will be a year of measurable success: Football (playoffs), M&W basketball, MSoccer (conf. tourney), MLacrosse, and more!
Info Hound

UD Class: 1900

Postby Baltimore Hen on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:11 pm

UDPat wrote:

I need to see a lot more Texas before they are back to anything other than irrelevant. I guess no one saw the segment on Game day a couple of weeks ago on the Texas program. It sounded very similar to a former 1AA powerhouse in that facilities need upgrades and nothing has been done in 30 years. Weight room a joke. And the bottom line: No where near where they once stood

I agree about FORMER powers, things happen in cycles. It's just that 99% of football fans or fans of any sport for that matter never get to experience a 50-60 year run like most on here have.

I know you want it back. Will you get it? That answer I don't have. But I think I know the answer. :( :(

Texas is not back...you are correct, what I am saying is that I have much more confidence that they will be back sooner rather than later. There is just too much talent in Texas for them not to be back. And Texas is nationally prominent! UD can be successful again, but It is going to take a lot more than recruiting PA, MD, and NJ to get there. THey need to recruit Florida hard (among other southern states) .......If NDSU can sell -20 degrees in the sun to Florida kids, Delaware can be sold on them.... AND they need to hold 1-2 schollies for worthy transfers that will make an immediate impact. Once they develop momentum they need keep the pressure on instead of coasting. And I NEVER want to hear the phrase we need to go 1-0 next week.....I want to hear a pissed off coach after a loss.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

PreviousNext

Return to The Hen House