Joe?

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Re: Joe?

Postby UDForever on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:
dovetail wrote:All Flacco needed to do was to get a stinking first down and they win the game. He didn't and Ben did.

I cannot put this game on Flacco. THey scored 38 points on the road. Your defense has to do something at some point.

Yup. People will unfortunately remember the last drive for Flacco. Koch did a great job pinning the Steelers back and the D just let them walk right down the field. You score 38 on the road in the NFL, you shouldn’t lose.
UDForever

Postby Hens79 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:25 pm

UDForever wrote:
Baltimore Hen wrote:
dovetail wrote:All Flacco needed to do was to get a stinking first down and they win the game. He didn't and Ben did.

I cannot put this game on Flacco. THey scored 38 points on the road. Your defense has to do something at some point.

Yup. People will unfortunately remember the last drive for Flacco. Koch did a great job pinning the Steelers back and the D just let them walk right down the field. You score 38 on the road in the NFL, you shouldn’t lose.

For sure scoring 38 on the road should be a win. The Ravens D has feasted on a lot of back up QBs this year and even got beat by a young stiff like Turbiski and the Bears. Big Ben carved them up. And not pinning the loss on Joe but the last possession and the three and out before it looked bad. The last play was really bad. Just a symbol of how most of the year has gone for Joe and the O. Did anyone really think they wouldget in position to kick a fg when they got the ball with 42 seconds and 1 TO? I sure didn't.
Hens79

Postby Youdee Blues on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:56 pm

UDForever wrote:
Baltimore Hen wrote:

He's not talking about the last drive. The drive prior to Ben's march down the field only needed to gain a first down or two to seal the game. Three plays, 7-yards and less than a minute and 10 seconds did not get it done with two passes that came up short to Macklin. Can't blame the defense who got no rest and had to re-enter being exhausted at that point.
Youdee Blues

UD Class: 1996

Postby Baltimore Hen on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:54 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:He's not talking about the last drive. The drive prior to Ben's march down the field only needed to gain a first down or two to seal the game. Three plays, 7-yards and less than a minute and 10 seconds did not get it done with two passes that came up short to Macklin. Can't blame the defense who got no rest and had to re-enter being exhausted at that point.

WHATTTTTT???!!!???!!?? Pittsburghs last 4 drives......FG, TD, TD, FG Soooooo I will blame the Defense. A lot!
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby dovetail on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:00 pm

I think that if one of this year's higher rated college QB's are on the board at the draft, the Ravens will go after him.
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust
dovetail

UD Class: 1966

Postby UDForever on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:
Youdee Blues wrote:He's not talking about the last drive. The drive prior to Ben's march down the field only needed to gain a first down or two to seal the game. Three plays, 7-yards and less than a minute and 10 seconds did not get it done with two passes that came up short to Macklin. Can't blame the defense who got no rest and had to re-enter being exhausted at that point.

WHATTTTTT???!!!???!!?? Pittsburghs last 4 drives......FG, TD, TD, FG Soooooo I will blame the Defense. A lot!

Yup BH.
UDForever

Postby Youdee Blues on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:

So what's your point? Then blame Pittsburgh's D for allowing the Ravens to get those 38 points too. They're both top 10 defenses. Those other drives don't excuse the fact that if they get a single first down on that last drive, they win (my only point). Bottom line. Too bad you don't agree. I don't really care if you do, Homer.
Youdee Blues

Postby Baltimore Hen on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:18 am

Youdee Blues wrote:
Baltimore Hen wrote:

So what's your point? Then blame Pittsburgh's D for allowing the Ravens to get those 38 points too. They're both top 10 defenses. Those other drives don't excuse the fact that if they get a single first down on that last drive, they win (my only point). Bottom line. Too bad you don't agree. I don't really care if you do, Homer.

i dont agree because you are 100% dead on balls wrong. pittsburgh defense was not playing with an 11 point lead on the road late in the 4th. Baltimores was and they choked.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby Youdee Blues on Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:13 am

OK, we can just disagree. 100% fact is that if they had gotten a first down, they could have run out the clock giving Ben no time to beat their defense. It's really not that hard to understand. Is that hard for you to understand? Your point of the D giving up points is certainly valid. But the truth remains that had Joe gotten them a first down the D would never have come back out on the field to do that choking you speak of. Can't argue with homers.
Youdee Blues

Postby Baltimore Hen on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:OK, we can just disagree. 100% fact is that if they had gotten a first down, they could have run out the clock giving Ben no time to beat their defense. It's really not that hard to understand. Is that hard for you to understand? Your point of the D giving up points is certainly valid. But the truth remains that had Joe gotten them a first down the D would never have come back out on the field to do that choking you speak of. Can't argue with homers.

It is really not that hard to understand that had the defense made a stop on any ONE of those four drives, Baltimore would have won. This on is on the D.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby Youdee Blues on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:51 pm

OK, whatever.
Youdee Blues

Postby UD27 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:03 pm

With the lack of weapons on offense, anytime the Ravens score 35+, they better damn well win. Attempting to blame the offense for not getting a 1st down amidst a total defensive meltdown is a real stretch.
"the best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" Winston Churchill
UD27

Postby Baltimore Hen on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 pm

UD27 wrote:With the lack of weapons on offense, anytime the Ravens score 35+, they better damn well win. Attempting to blame the offense for not getting a 1st down amidst a total defensive meltdown is a real stretch.

THIS
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby Youdee Blues on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 pm

OK, whatever.
Youdee Blues

Postby foghorn1 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 pm

DIdn't Maclin drop one on the 4 yard line,then couldn't drag both feet on boundd in the final minute? Most good wr's would have.And, good grief,how many minutes did Rothlesr have time to throw? No pass rush. This game was NOT on Joe!
foghorn1

UD Class: 1968

PreviousNext

Return to The Hen House