Joe?

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Re: Joe?

Postby UDPat on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:41 am

After watching most of the Ravens game last night, here is my assessment,

I wish they were on the Eagles schedule
2018.....I already know I should have been named Richard
UDPat

Postby bluehenbillk on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 am

I love Joe as much as anyone, but he was brutal last night. He wasn't alone, the line, the wideouts, the defense were all brutal. Joe & the Ravens can't afford many more of those games. The chances of the Jackson era starting in 2018 rose last night for sure.
#SaveThePeeWall
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby BlueHenBill on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:02 pm

bluehenbillk wrote:I love Joe as much as anyone, but he was brutal last night. He wasn't alone, the line, the wideouts, the defense were all brutal. Joe & the Ravens can't afford many more of those games. The chances of the Jackson era starting in 2018 rose last night for sure.

bluehenbillk, You grossly denigrate Joe's performance last night. The first INT looked bad and Joe was off on some of his passes, but aren't most QBs? The second INT happened when Joe's arm was hit because (as I feared) the Ravens' suspect OL cannot protect Joe against the good defenses (sacked 4 times, hit about 8 times, & numerous hurries). Ditto for the late game fumble when Joe had to scramble away from multiple Bengals' rushers and was just about to bring his arm forward to release the pass when he got hit from behind. Morniwheg leaves a lot to be desired as an OC. Joe's overall stats last night were decent: 32-55, 376 yds, 2 TDs , & 2 INTs. If you think the Ravens' O looks bad now, it will be much worse when Jackson is the QB. Jackson is a runner, not a good passer. Once the defenses figure Jackson out, it will all be over. Jackson will be another in a long line of dual threat QBs who have failed in the NFL. Wilson who is more of a pocket passer than a runner, is arguably a dual threat QB and the only one who has won a Super Bowl. I don't expect that to change. I don't know what the Ravens were thinking when they signed RG III and drafted Jackson. If that is the future of the Ravens, I don't expect to see any Super Bowls or even long playoff runs in Ravens' future.
BlueHenBill

Postby BigBlueRooster on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Surprised by 1 of our own hating on Joe. Pray Carson Wentz can match Joes Career Accomplishments.

Will be top 20 all time in Wins and Passing yards by the end of the season.

Joe Flacco NFL records:
First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games[97]
Most wins by a quarterback in first seven seasons: 72 (regular season only)[98]
Second-most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)[99]
First quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons (Russell Wilson tied record)[100]
Most touchdowns in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana and Kurt Warner)[67]
Most touchdowns without an interception in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana)[68]
First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason[4]
Most consecutive playoff games with at least two passing touchdowns: 8
Most consecutive playoff games with at least three passing touchdowns: 3 (tied with Bernie Kosar, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers)
Most consecutive road playoff games with at least one passing touchdown: 7 (tied with Donovan McNabb and Brett Favre)
Most consecutive road playoff games with at least two passing touchdowns: 5
Fastest quarterback to record five touchdowns in a game: 16:03[101]
Most road playoff wins for a quarterback: 8
BigBlueRooster

Postby HENJOHN on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:53 pm

A lot of football left. Joe & Ravens are going to be fine. He is who he is.....a real good, solid NFL QB.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby Baltimore Hen on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:43 am

Another fine game for Delaware's finest.

28 42 363 66.7 8.64 71 2 0 109.5

on pace for 5008 yards, 32 TDs, and 8 ints.......

Amazing what giving your franchise QB receivers does for your offense......
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby HENJOHN on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:57 am

Healthy and some weapons. He's playing with alot of confidence right now. I have been down to the 2 games in the rain and he's a cool customer.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby HenZoneNation on Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:32 am

On pace for 5,000 yards...amazing what happens when you have WR'S who can get separation and actually catch the ball. Here are some interesting points:

1) Of his top three receivers from last year Mike Wallace (was the Eagles #3) out with broken leg, Maclin and Perrimen are out of football.

2) The year before he won the Super Bowl his team (which was better that year IMO) were primed to beat New England and go to the Super Bowl when Lee Evans dropped a ball in the Endzone (the year before TJ dropped a crucial ball in the loss to Pitt...seeing a trend with WR's)

3) He's had 6 OC's in his ten years with the Ravens...all were different systems. Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers have had the same system most of their careers. It's like learning a different language every other year.

4) He hasn't even had his first round TE yet this year...that's only gonna make things better.

The Ravens are a defense first organization and unlike many other teams who drafted a QB in the first round, they never got him a legit #1 WR. He's never had one and probably never will. That being said, when you get paid that amount of money it's gonna cost you in terms of production. The Ravens are a hot team their schedule isn't easy and this week feels like a trap game because Cleveland is much improved.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Postby dovetail on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:06 pm

Not a good game today and outplayed by a rookie to boot.
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust
dovetail

UD Class: 1966

Postby bluehenbillk on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Joe was bad today - a deer in the headlights at times. Yea Crabtree dropped a TD and they had a block in the back in OT but he needs to be better.
#SaveThePeeWall
bluehenbillk

Postby Baltimore Hen on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:33 am

bluehenbillk wrote:Joe was bad today - a deer in the headlights at times. Yea Crabtree dropped a TD and they had a block in the back in OT but he needs to be better.

the whole team was bad, not just Joe. Crabtree dropped more than the TD pass. He had several drops that killed drives and momentum. Chris Moore had a horrible block in the nback that negated a big gain putting them in FG range in OT. oh, and they still can't run the ball for ****. The D gave up chunk yardage all day. it was a total team effort.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby Baltimore Hen on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:27 am

just to show how dumb and misleading stats can be, Marcus Mariota had a better passer rating than Joe yesterday. Joe was 25 of 37 for 238 and 1td and 1int.......Mariota was 10 of 14 for 110 and 0TDs sacked 11 times...........
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby dovetail on Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm

Flacco takes the Ravens down the field with 24 seconds to force OT, right? No, the most consistent kicker in the NFL misses the XP. Ravens lose 24-23.
dovetail

Postby bluehenbillk on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:24 am

222 in a row for his career before that ball tailed hard....
#SaveThePeeWall
bluehenbillk

Postby dovetail on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:13 am

Bad game yesterday after a good start. The next 8 games will be very important for both Harbaugh and Flacco.
dovetail

PreviousNext

Return to The Hen House