Firings have begun Florida canned their HFC

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Re: Firings have begun Florida canned their HFC

Postby tenn hen on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am

UDPat wrote:
tenn hen wrote:yep- it was already a done deal a few games ago with the #empty Neyland.
The debacle Missouri was the icing on the cake.

By the way, U of Tenn(not tenn hen) pulled the trigger :D

E. Tn is ablaze with rumors, and our new AD Currie is under a ton of pressure!!! btw=NO NSChe commented that finding the coach was his job. That was an impressive move by Currie.

Gonna be very hard to find an A list candidate. It's just not a very appealing job any more. That was being pointed out many times this past Saturday on College Game Day. Most likely will end up with a sloppy seconds coach after all the prime schools get their coach. Most likely another Butch Jones. Funny thing about him, He wasn't even liked at UCinn. Work with a few grads from Bearcat country and they celebrated when Jones left.

UDP at---agree overall with your comments. thanks for the Cincy info since I was not aware of issues, but with his intensity, it appeared he might have a heart attack on the sidelines. That would jibe with my feelings about BJ- decent recruiter, but not a good x and o guy. Not a rocket scientist like Dobbs had been. :D

Hoping we can pick up better than sloppy seconds. The UT job is a good one except for this lousy drop in performance and lots of close ones over the years that were tough to follow. The pay is top notch and the exposure, facilities, etc are top notch. Neyland is getting another huge renovation- Orange fan base can change in a new york minute if the right guy comes in, brings a huge influx of talent and WINS reasonably well the first year. It's all up in the air and the new ad. doesn't want to blow it on his signature hire. Gotta let it play out. We'll see. I know a few guys who might fly the coop to get here anyway. It will clearly be a rebuilding job. Possibilities are overwhelming. Besides BJ, bad luck? seemed to be always hanging around around-Expectations always too high here.
I would love to see McBride come to UD- I would be amazed if he came. Dormady would not be my choice- slow - confidence question-- return from injury. BUT I would love it if McBride transferred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby Baltimore Hen on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:44 am

I would love to see Chip Kelley in Knoxville. I used to LOVE those late afternoon games out of Knoxville on ABC with Rocky Top over and over.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby HENJOHN on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Chip would be a good fit in Knoxville. He's available now so they should already be talking to him.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby Baltimore Hen on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:38 pm

In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Previous

Return to The Hen House