nova parking /tailgating

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

nova parking /tailgating

Postby hendog on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:14 pm

any body know if you can tailgate at nova this year
hendog

Re: nova parking /tailgating

Postby finpxz1 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Wasn't there talk of the Nova game being played at Citizens Bank Park??? I guess that's not gonna happen?
finpxz1

Postby BlueHenBobby on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:32 pm

finpxz1 wrote:Wasn't there talk of the Nova game being played at Citizens Bank Park??? I guess that's not gonna happen?

Got my tickets last week. Villanova Stadium aka the Toilet Bowl. While I'm going to the game, I'm not even going to attempt to tailgate there. I'm driving to Bridgeport for an early lunch at Taphouse 23 (perhaps the Ribhouse) and catch the Norristown High Speed Line (aka the Piss and Wait) in Bridgeport and get off at the stadium exit. My limited experience is that Route 30 becomes terminally constipated on game day for even the 12,000 people max that the stadium holds. The Delaware game is one of the few that fills Villanova Stadium and the roads around it just can't handle the traffic.
BlueHenBobby

UD Class: 1975

Postby Pedromon on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:29 am

There is also alot of construction going on at the train station and I believe the parking garage on the stadium side of the tracks. That might impact the parking next to the Pavillion. Probably doesn't affect the parking on Rt 30 but less parking will only make things work.
Rodney C-Men Class of 82

Pedromon

Postby Super Chicken on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 am

Unless they have changed things up there while playing this game in Chester, Nova had previously made accommodations for the large UD tailgate contingent at their last big lot that is pretty close to the stadium at it's northeastern most point. This was the only lot where they allow general tailgating and if my memory serves me well, they charged extra for the opportunity. The only other place they allowed tailgating is inside the stadium gates for boosters/parents,etc.
Super Chicken

UD Class: 1900

Postby Gannonfan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:36 am

finpxz1 wrote:Wasn't there talk of the Nova game being played at Citizens Bank Park??? I guess that's not gonna happen?

??? They've never played there, and they never will. PPL is also off the table for good. Those were only options when they were trying to cajole themselves into FBS football. Now with that off the table for good, they'll also play in Radnor.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gannonfan

UD Class: 1995

Postby Gannonfan on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:40 am

BlueHenBobby wrote:

Got my tickets last week. Villanova Stadium aka the Toilet Bowl. While I'm going to the game, I'm not even going to attempt to tailgate there. I'm driving to Bridgeport for an early lunch at Taphouse 23 (perhaps the Ribhouse) and catch the Norristown High Speed Line (aka the Piss and Wait) in Bridgeport and get off at the stadium exit. My limited experience is that Route 30 becomes terminally constipated on game day for even the 12,000 people max that the stadium holds. The Delaware game is one of the few that fills Villanova Stadium and the roads around it just can't handle the traffic.

The Delaware game hasn't filled nova's stadium for years - we don't travel like we used to and the game has lost much of its buzz. With that said, traffic on Lancaster Ave sucks on football gameday no matter how many (or how few) are going to the game. And figuring the construction in the parking lots, as well as construction at the Pavilion (all basketball games save one are off campus this year) it should be real crappy to drive anywhere near that stadium.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gannonfan

UD Class: 1995

Postby bluehenbillk on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:34 pm

There may indeed be an issue tailgating there this year. One of the two lots across 30 where everyone tailgated is now a parking garage (no fun tailgating in a garage), and the other is under construction. I've attached their map which really isn't very detailed - I've tailgated years ago at the law school lot - don't know if that's still an option.

http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-footb ... 16aaa.html
Make Delaware Football Great Again!!
GO HENS!!! GO OWLS!!!
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby jd of de on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:23 am

Due to construction, the only tailgating allowed at Nova this year is their donor/VIP lot.
jd of de

UD Class: 0

Postby Info Hound on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:15 am

jd of de wrote:Due to construction, the only tailgating allowed at Nova this year is their donor/VIP lot.

What a way to run a football program!
The end of failure in 2017! Finally!
Info Hound

UD Class: 1900

Postby hendog on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:37 am

nova would f up a free lunch
hendog

Postby bct2000 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:58 pm

Info Hound wrote:
jd of de wrote:Due to construction, the only tailgating allowed at Nova this year is their donor/VIP lot.

What a way to run a football program!

Football has never been a priority at Nova, despite having the fortune to have a great coach like Talley for all those years. I was at the playoff game they had vs. SHSU about 2 years ago. Their own band did not attend the game, while the SHSU band traveled over 1,000 miles to play at the game, and it sounded like there were more SHSU fans than Nova fans :roll: .
bct2000

UD Class: 1990

Postby easybird on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:15 pm

and of course basketball means nothing at Delaware . dont get me started.
KID, DON'T GET COCKY
easybird

Postby easybird on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Villanova makes more money from their BBALL program then Delaware makes from their football program. Just a guess.

We sit in the middle of the hottest bball country in America and bball is treated better in some area high schools then its treated at UD.
KID, DON'T GET COCKY
easybird

Return to The Hen House