Tennessee

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Tennessee

Postby HenZoneNation on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Replaced their starting QB and he immediately stated to the media he’s weighing his options. Terrible attitude but beggars can’t be choosers. Sounds like the kid we have coming in next year will be a player but he needs time. Maybe this dude can do that for us?
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Re: Tennessee

Postby Gannonfan on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:29 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:Replaced their starting QB and he immediately stated to the media he’s weighing his options. Terrible attitude but beggars can’t be choosers. Sounds like the kid we have coming in next year will be a player but he needs time. Maybe this dude can do that for us?

Dormady would be a one year option - he's already played three years in college as he played as a true freshman. I wouldn't say no but I would find it tough to believe that we'd bring in a one year only transfer. Henderson's clock starts ticking next year if he plays or not - I'd rather he play if he's indeed the long term answer at QB and start the real learning process.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gannonfan

UD Class: 1995

Postby HenZoneNation on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:44 pm

Gannonfan wrote:
HenZoneNation wrote:Replaced their starting QB and he immediately stated to the media he’s weighing his options. Terrible attitude but beggars can’t be choosers. Sounds like the kid we have coming in next year will be a player but he needs time. Maybe this dude can do that for us?

Dormady would be a one year option - he's already played three years in college as he played as a true freshman. I wouldn't say no but I would find it tough to believe that we'd bring in a one year only transfer. Henderson's clock starts ticking next year if he plays or not - I'd rather he play if he's indeed the long term answer at QB and start the real learning process.

He'll have to put on some serious weight. Lou Ritacco got destroyed the one year he played at Delaware...the next year he was playing LB for Montclaire State. I would actually be concerned with him getting hit and folded during a game. We're gonna need a much less risky option at QB next year.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Postby BlueHenBill on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:32 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:
Gannonfan wrote:

He'll have to put on some serious weight. Lou Ritacco got destroyed the one year he played at Delaware...the next year he was playing LB for Montclaire State. I would actually be concerned with him getting hit and folded during a game. We're gonna need a much less risky option at QB next year.

Base on their HS performances and recruiting, Lou Ritacco doesn't merit mention with Henderson.
BlueHenBill

Postby Baltimore Hen on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:53 am

Funny how last winter Henderson was a lauded signee and all goheners were praising Crock and crew for the signing and then Rocco for holding the committment. Now Henderson is not good enough and is a project....... :roll: :roll:
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby BlueHenBill on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:20 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:Funny how last winter Henderson was a lauded signee and all goheners were praising Crock and crew for the signing and then Rocco for holding the committment. Now Henderson is not good enough and is a project....... :roll: :roll:

Seems like most of the concern is with Henderson's size and his weight more than his height.
BlueHenBill

Postby tenn hen on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 am

UT was a mess even before the season started for any # of reasons(injuries to many starters, qb situation, etc.). It was apparent after the first few games they were headed towards disaster and probably( now for sure most probably due to the lack of patience of the fan base) a new coach. Jones can recruit, but is weak on X's and O's,etc.

As to the UD qb- just something to consider- He may grow in height, weight, and strength by the start of summer practice. His genetic makeup based on the board's comments on his father's physical structure appear quite positive. I personally wouldn't bring in Dormady due to his lack of dual threat capability,but an experienced quality transfer like Devlin or Flacco would be the missing piece along with OL additions or improvement of the returning group including red shirts. The future looks bright under DR.

Enough of the future. It's moving toward D day vs. Richmond. We need to slam Lauretta early and often and score a few tds to press UR into turnovers.

KICK BUTT
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby Hensatiable on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:40 pm

tenn hen wrote:UT was a mess even before the season started for any # of reasons(injuries to many starters, qb situation, etc.). It was apparent after the first few games they were headed towards disaster and probably( now for sure most probably due to the lack of patience of the fan base) a new coach. Jones can recruit, but is weak on X's and O's,etc.

As to the UD qb- just something to consider- He may grow in height, weight, and strength by the start of summer practice. His genetic makeup based on the board's comments on his father's physical structure appear quite positive. I personally wouldn't bring in Dormady due to his lack of dual threat capability,but an experienced quality transfer like Devlin or Flacco would be the missing piece along with OL additions or improvement of the returning group including red shirts. The future looks bright under DR.

Enough of the future. It's moving toward D day vs. Richmond. We need to slam Lauretta early and often and score a few tds to press UR into turnovers.

KICK BUTT

You want to know a kid's potential to grow? Look at the Mom and her side of the family. Usually a better indicator than the Dad.
Hensatiable

UD Class: 1900

Postby Youdee Blues on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 pm

Hensatiable wrote:
You want to know a kid's potential to grow? Look at the Mom and her side of the family. Usually a better indicator than the Dad.

I don't play a Doctor on TV, but I do know that that's complete bull. :shock:
Youdee Blues

UD Class: 1996

Postby Hensatiable on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Youdee Blues wrote:
Hensatiable wrote:

I don't play a Doctor on TV, but I do know that that's complete bull. :shock:

Not sure what you're acting resume has to do with anything and I do issue a heartfelt apology that I didn't qualify it with "it's been my experience"....but it has.
Every rule has its exception, but it's been pretty accurate "in my experience".
Hensatiable

UD Class: 1900

Return to The Hen House