Nebraska AD fired - some speculation about Rawak

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Nebraska AD fired - some speculation about Rawak

Postby bluehen06 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Hey all, I'm a bit of a lurker here and havn't posted in a longgggg time. But I am living in Nebraska now and yesterday the Huskers in a somewhat surprising move fired their AD. There is a lot of speculation out here but this blog floated Rawak along with a former Hen AD. I thought it was interesting.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/9/21/16 ... s-to-watch
bluehen06

UD Class: 2006

Re: Nebraska AD fired - some speculation about Rawak

Postby dovetail on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:34 pm

Great, our new moniker..."Delaware, Cradle of D1 Athletic Directors" :shock:
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust
dovetail

UD Class: 1966

Postby dchen on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:07 am

[quote="bluehen06"]Hey all, I'm a bit of a lurker here and havn't posted in a longgggg time. But I am living in Nebraska now and yesterday the Huskers in a somewhat surprising move fired their AD. There is a lot of speculation out here but this blog floated Rawak along with a former Hen AD. I thought it was interesting.

https://www.cornnation.com/2017/9/21/16 ... s-to-watch[/quote]

Muir is on the same list although the author notes that he would be a tough get. I think firing Pellini was a mistake. He was an emotional coach. Riley is an analyst type. Sometimes that works but apparently not here. They fear a loss to Rutgers today.
dchen

UD Class: 1972

Postby bluehenbillk on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Eric Ziady is available...
Make Delaware Football Great Again!!
GO HENS!!! GO OWLS!!!
bluehenbillk

UD Class: 1991

Postby BlueHenBobby on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:41 am

So far she has done a great job here. But she's only been an AD for about a year and a half. While she has ties at Michigan and Northwestern, she has family in Bucks County. Probably some of her motivation to come back East. She also has kids so I would think she would hesitate to uproot them again that quickly. No offense to one of the posters and I know that Nebraska is a big time school, but I wouldn't be that thrilled to uproot my family to Nebraska. I'm sure Nebraska has its pluses and charm, but I wouldn't be interested in moving there from an area that has easy access to the Jersey and Delaware shores, Philly, Baltimore, DC and New York.
BlueHenBobby

UD Class: 1975

Postby BlueHenBobby on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:43 am

bluehenbillk wrote:Eric Ziady is available...

Love it. Next they need Harker and they could really do wonders for Nebraska athletics.
BlueHenBobby

UD Class: 1975

Postby hens4life on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:38 pm

Rawak WONT be here in 5 years! GTD!
#SaveThePeeWall
hens4life

UD Class: 0

Postby Info Hound on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:23 pm

hens4life wrote:Rawak WONT be here in 5 years! GTD!

I may not be, you may not be, who knows?
The end of failure in 2017?
Info Hound

UD Class: 1900

Postby wacko4flacco on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 am

Unless UD has a vision and comes up with big $$$, CR will be gone within 2 years. Bank on it.
Chrissi Rawak for President 2020
wacko4flacco

UD Class: 1990

Postby Hens79 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:48 am

wacko4flacco wrote:Unless UD has a vision and comes up with big $$$, CR will be gone within 2 years. Bank on it.

Don't know about 2 years, but it won't be long. And if there was a vision beyond "Win where we are", we would have heard it by now. My bet is we will see the "vision" if the leaked and underwhelming stadium upgrade plans are the actual plans whenever they get announced.
Hens79

Postby Youdee Blues on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:07 am

wacko4flacco wrote:Unless UD has a vision and comes up with big $$$, CR will be gone within 2 years. Bank on it.

I'll take that bet.
Youdee Blues

UD Class: 1996

Postby Baltimore Hen on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Hens79 wrote:

Don't know about 2 years, but it won't be long. And if there was a vision beyond "Win where we are", we would have heard it by now. My bet is we will see the "vision" if the leaked and underwhelming stadium upgrade plans are the actual plans whenever they get announced.

I am still not sure what makes plans underwhelming. We want a winning program. We want championships. So in improvements, what really matters is the stuff that we will never see. the stuff that benefits the athletes and draws in recruits. Do you think the pressbox or seatbacks attracts a recruit? no way. the weight room, the locker room, the training room, the academic support facilities, meeting rooms, etc, etc, etc.........So for me, I want to see that they are investing in areas that will attract a better student athlete. or that we will be able to compete better with the JMUs of the FCS. That "underwhelming" picture appears to go for that.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby Hens79 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Baltimore Hen wrote:
Hens79 wrote:

I am still not sure what makes plans underwhelming. We want a winning program. We want championships. So in improvements, what really matters is the stuff that we will never see. the stuff that benefits the athletes and draws in recruits. Do you think the pressbox or seatbacks attracts a recruit? no way. the weight room, the locker room, the training room, the academic support facilities, meeting rooms, etc, etc, etc.........So for me, I want to see that they are investing in areas that will attract a better student athlete. or that we will be able to compete better with the JMUs of the FCS. That "underwhelming" picture appears to go for that.

Of course all those things are important. The earlier concepts just looked much more appealing to me with the APC, luxury boxes (the things that bring in $), and offices built behind and over the west stands. This latest one looks downsized to me. But maybe it isn't? Who knows as the announcement is 10 months late.

Anyway, anyone who says looks, size and amenities don't matter, don't know much. The size of the stadium and all the things that go with it (APC, weight rooms, meeting rooms and yes luxury/corporate boxes) matter as does a big video screen. It's why schools are always trying to out do each other.
Hens79

Postby Baltimore Hen on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Hens79 wrote:
Of course all those things are important. The earlier concepts just looked much more appealing to me with the APC, luxury boxes (the things that bring in $), and offices built behind and over the west stands. This latest one looks downsized to me. But maybe it isn't? Who knows as the announcement is 10 months late.

Anyway, anyone who says looks, size and amenities don't matter, don't know much. The size of the stadium and all the things that go with it (APC, weight rooms, meeting rooms and yes luxury/corporate boxes) matter as does a big video screen. It's why schools are always trying to out do each other.

So we are mainly in agreement. Now in the pic it appears that a new scoreboard is in line too. While we finally got a video board, they went on the cheapthe board is small and impossible to see when the sun is out. and the position on the hoome side of the north endzone obscures views from section K with the goalpoasts and net poles that do not catch footballs. If this plan comes with rennovations to the concours to make it more appealing to the eye, improve concessions.....add video scereens so you can see the game when you go for a hot dog or beer or popcorn....etc.......I would be happy. we will see at the albany game....maybe......
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby hens4life on Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:36 pm

If the picture shown to the FB Alums at the golf outing, wasn't the "final plans", why did CR order that it be taken down? :roll:
#SaveThePeeWall
hens4life

Next

Return to The Hen House