This Is How I Train

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

This Is How I Train

Postby HensRock on Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:27 pm

Is anyone else confused as to the purpose/value of these clips?
Are we targeting the younger generation who's attention span is less than 20 seconds?
Be careful of the words you say,
keep them soft and sweet.
You never know from day to day
which ones you'll have to eat!
HensRock
Site Admin

UD Class: 1985

Re: This Is How I Train

Postby Caribbean Hen on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:05 pm

I'll just say I haven't watched a one
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby Hensatiable on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:30 pm

HensRock wrote:Is anyone else confused as to the purpose/value of these clips?
Are we targeting the younger generation who's attention span is less than 20 seconds?

You don't seem confused at all. If the value is it appeals to younger fans and makes them want to make the trip to see the Blue Hens, what's the harm? Heck, maybe they even grow into old grumpy fans some day.
Hensatiable

UD Class: 1900

Postby jd of de on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:53 pm

About time UD targeted Millennials I say
2015 Prediction - The end of declining avg attendance.
2014 (15,682) 2015 (15,826) +144 2016 (16,478) +652
2017 Prediction 17,xxx ... Actual 2017 (16,648) +170
jd of de

UD Class: 0

Postby HENJOHN on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:26 pm

The videos are you short to pass along anything.
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby Hensatiable on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:29 pm

I don't think they're meant to pass along anything other than, Delaware football is back and these are some of the people you'll see playing. Football players have always had the disadvantage of having their faces covered when they play, so they aren't recognizable and people have a hard time getting "attached" to them as people. This helps that. It makes them real people and classmates people want to come watch. It's not supposed to be in depth info. It's 20-30 seconds of attention grabbing music and some face time for that player. Add in a logo and people might connect with the team. It's a good marketing tool to the Twitter/Vine/Snapchat generation.
Hensatiable

Postby Firstand10BlueHens on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:13 pm

Hensatiable wrote:I don't think they're meant to pass along anything other than, Delaware football is back and these are some of the people you'll see playing. Football players have always had the disadvantage of having their faces covered when they play, so they aren't recognizable and people have a hard time getting "attached" to them as people. This helps that. It makes them real people and classmates people want to come watch. It's not supposed to be in depth info. It's 20-30 seconds of attention grabbing music and some face time for that player. Add in a logo and people might connect with the team. It's a good marketing tool to the Twitter/Vine/Snapchat generation.

They are nicely edited I just think for the rabid fans we'd prefer content over marketing. Like sports journalism with interviews and highlights. We were very spoiled with the Jimmy Smith level of coverage we'd come to expect. There is obviously plenty of footage to make the journalistic slyle videos so that's the hard part. A second cut would be excellent.
Firstand10BlueHens

UD Class: 2005

Postby HensRock on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:01 am

Hensatiable wrote: Heck, maybe they even grow into wise old fans some day.

Fixed it for ya, "Sonny". :wink:

Actually, your explanation is sound, so Thanks. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. To each, his own.
HensRock
Site Admin

Postby grizzlybluebird on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:20 am

[quote="HensRock"Actually, your explanation is sound, so Thanks. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. To each, his own.[/quote]

I think most of us older guys feel the same way. This is How I Train videos appear more about hype than anything and unless the team is kicking ace and taking care of business, no one really cares how someone trains. Get the results first then talk about how you train.
grizzlybluebird

UD Class: 1978

Postby Hensatiable on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:46 pm

HensRock wrote:
Hensatiable wrote: Heck, maybe they even grow into wise old fans some day.

Fixed it for ya, "Sonny". :wink:

Actually, your explanation is sound, so Thanks. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. To each, his own.

LOL, I haven't been called that in a while, so I'll take it where I can get it.
Hensatiable

Postby Firstand10BlueHens on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Hensatiable - do you know why they have cut back on posting to YouTube? I wasn't able to find a recap or replay of the DSU game. Wondering if that's still part of the coverage plan or if everything is staying on hens all access. I'm subscribed to the YouTube channel and noticed a big drop off in the last 6 months or so.
Firstand10BlueHens

UD Class: 2005

Postby Hensatiable on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Firstand10BlueHens wrote:Hensatiable - do you know why they have cut back on posting to YouTube? I wasn't able to find a recap or replay of the DSU game. Wondering if that's still part of the coverage plan or if everything is staying on hens all access. I'm subscribed to the YouTube channel and noticed a big drop off in the last 6 months or so.

No idea, I'm far from an "insider". All my posts are pure opinion/pulling it out of my...nose.
Hensatiable

Postby HensRock on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:57 pm

You can watch the game on the Delaware Football Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/DelawareBlueHensFootball/
HensRock
Site Admin

Postby grizzlybluebird on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Firstand10BlueHens wrote:Hensatiable - do you know why they have cut back on posting to YouTube? I wasn't able to find a recap or replay of the DSU game. Wondering if that's still part of the coverage plan or if everything is staying on hens all access. I'm subscribed to the YouTube channel and noticed a big drop off in the last 6 months or so.

id noticed the same dropoff on youtube from UD but oddly the DSU game is posted on youtube :)
grizzlybluebird

UD Class: 1978

Return to The Hen House