About Wes Hills

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

About Wes Hills

Postby grizzlybluebird on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:29 am

Does anyone know if Wes is still a student at UD? Im wondering what possibilities might exist for me either at another school or the NFL? I dont know anything about the rules and I know a lot of you do, thus my topic. My thinking is that Wes could get an opportunity to play for Eastern Mississippi Junior College. I know it seems a big step down but actually a lot of the players from EMC end up going to D1 schools after a season or being drafted into the NFL. If Wes is still pursuing a degree from UD good for him and sure hope it works out but if he wants to play this year and continue toward a degree, EMC could be an option. Im sure Buddy Stephens would be interested in Wes. Its JUCO football so could Wes play this season there? EMC has won 3 national championships in recent years... not a slouch program.
grizzlybluebird

UD Class: 1978

Re: About Wes Hills

Postby Hensatiable on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:52 am

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, but since he's a senior, he'd burn his last remaining year of eligibility playing somewhere else. That's what makes his academic ineligibility such a sad situation. I know it was self induced and completely preventable, but I feel bad for the young man nonetheless.
Hensatiable

UD Class: 2021

Postby BlueHens11 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Apparently Wes is doing some volunteer coaching at Newark High, along with former Hen coach Brian Ginn.

From the Newark Post:
Former UD running back Wes Hills has joined the Yellowjackets’ staff as a volunteer coach. Hills, who played at UD for Newark offensive coordinator Brian Ginn, was supposed to spend this fall playing his senior season for the Blue Hens but was ruled academically ineligible.

He has already made an impact on the Yellowjackets’ running game, Zehnder said.

“Wes has really created a relationship with the players and has worked very hard to improve our running backs’ footwork and skills,” Zehnder explained. “I am really looking forward to what he will bring to our staff and especially the football and life lessons he can help relay to our players. Our program gets better any time we can add a guy who has gotten to the collegiate level and can help show our young men what it takes to get to that level.”

http://www.newarkpostonline.com/sports/ ... 88e49.html
BlueHens11

Postby grizzlybluebird on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:49 pm

thx guys
grizzlybluebird

UD Class: 1978

Return to The Hen House