Bad news for anti YouDee people

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Re: Bad news for anti YouDee people

Postby Maddog@76 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:44 pm

Meatball Club? What are you talking about Grizz? It looks like donuts and fruit to me. Fork up $1000 a year and you can have that view for both football and basketball. Wayne Hanby
Maddog@76

UD Class: 1976

Postby tenn hen on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Maddog@76 wrote:Meatball Club? What are you talking about Grizz? It looks like donuts and fruit to me. Fork up $1000 a year and you can have that view for both football and basketball. Wayne Hanby

Wayne- maybe those are bagels? now add some Nova(noooo!) Scotia salmon and dig in. Now that would be sweet :D
Keep the faith kick butt go Hens
tenn hen

UD Class: 1967

Postby Maddog@76 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:53 pm

:D
Maddog@76

UD Class: 1976

Postby Maineroad on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:27 pm

I have no problem with the stupid thing as a cartoonish mascot (if little kids like it, super), but there is no reason to stick the freaking mascot on everything. Indeed, I'm having trouble thinking of another school that features a mascot as prominently as does the UD. It looks like something a middle school would/should have, not a Research 1 institution of higher education.
Maineroad

Postby Henzone on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Maineroad wrote:I have no problem with the stupid thing as a cartoonish mascot (if little kids like it, super), but there is no reason to stick the freaking mascot on everything. Indeed, I'm having trouble thinking of another school that features a mascot as prominently as does the UD. It looks like something a middle school would/should have, not a Research 1 institution of higher education.

Oregon Ducks
Henzone

UD Class: 1970

Postby Maineroad on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:05 pm

There isn't a duck in sight on the football field, the basketball court, and the vast majority of their athletic uniforms (a few, goofy football helmets being the exception).
Maineroad

Postby Maineroad on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Just about every school has a mascot. Penn State has some guy dressed up like a lion; Pitt a panther; Clemson a tiger, ND an ugly Irish stereotype, Syracuse, some guy who looks like a Cheeto, etc. Some, like LSU, Tennessee and Georgia have both mascots (in the sense they have some poor soul in a suit) and a real-live version as well (assuming LSU has replaced Mike VII, RIP). Again, only Delaware, as far as I am aware, uses the cartoon mascot as an actual symbol of the school and/or its teams. I know the new AD has bigger fish to fry - like re-molding a once-flagship athletic team into one that could finish in the upper-division of the Northeast Conference (at least occasionally) - but this would seem like low-hanging fruit.
Maineroad

Postby fuzzybluehen on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Since 'Dick Chicken' is pugilistic in nature, you will never, EVER see him embraced by the current admin. As for the "he doesn't sell" bs, just try it. Make him avail on a golf polo at the 5/10-- and don't force them to sell it for $69-- and see how many fly off the shelves. Stupid ppl now run a former great place. Sucks.
"There goes Dale Fry... the best there ever was."
fuzzybluehen

UD Class: 1990

Postby 77HEN on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:26 pm

fuzzybluehen wrote:Since 'Dick Chicken' is pugilistic in nature, you will never, EVER see him embraced by the current admin. As for the "he doesn't sell" bs, just try it. Make him avail on a golf polo at the 5/10-- and don't force them to sell it for $69-- and see how many fly off the shelves. Stupid ppl now run a former great place. Sucks.

So right, can't have the mascot connected with you know what. Surprised they haven't changed it all together. Delaware Blue Hens renowned for their friendly, fun loving nature. Being of ethnic Irish heritage, I am still waiting for Notre Dame to stop insulting us with ugly stereotype.
77HEN

UD Class: 1981

Postby Maineroad on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Toxic masculinity must be opposed even when it involves a female chicken.
Maineroad

Postby Maineroad on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:42 pm

In fairness to Mr. Zone, there were some cartoon ducks on display in Eugene yesterday. Seemed to have something to do with a cducks against cancer thing. It looked as goofy on their stuff as it does on ours. My guess is that someone told our new AD that " people love youdee!" Without actually asking any people over 12.
Maineroad

Postby dovetail on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:00 pm

I would never wear anything with Udee on it, even a pair of socks or worse, skivvies.
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust
dovetail

UD Class: 1966

Postby Maineroad on Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:22 pm

dovetail wrote:I would never wear anything with Udee on it, even a pair of socks or worse, skivvies.

That's the spirit! Who's up for a You Dee effigy burning on Saturday? Could be festive, and it would send a powerful message (that we're probably all unhinged, among other things) to the powers that be. LOL.
Maineroad

Postby LetsGoHens on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:11 am

YouDee is a great mascot that provides some originality. I know the student athletes loving having a mascot they can call theirs and not something generic.
LetsGoHens

UD Class: 1993

Postby Baltimore Hen on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 am

LetsGoHens wrote:YouDee is a great mascot that provides some originality. I know the student athletes loving having a mascot they can call theirs and not something generic.

nice try......YouDee sucks.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Previous

Return to The Hen House