Flacco's Targets

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Re: Flacco's Targets

Postby Baltimore Hen on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:17 am

HENJOHN wrote:Better targets than the Boldin, Pitta, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones etc group?

yes.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby HENJOHN on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:11 am

Hope you are right BHen. Bill Polian just called the current crew on an NFL Live one of the worst in the league. Not sure Maclin will thrust them into one of the better squads, especially without Pitta. I'm hoping they sign one more Veteran.
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby joe c on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:50 am

Well worth the gamble...I would have 2 questions however...First would be his health..Second why would the chiefs cut him when they are looking for help at the wide out...It appears to be a money saving move but maybe the chiefs know something...Mac was making over 12 million a year so it appears to be a cap move... I am sure Baltimore did their due diligence. Mac is an excellent wide out. It is funny that many teams are looking for wide outs.... The Eagles desperately looking for help had no interest....Not to mention besides his talents he is also considered a great guy.. It seems to me to be a great move by the Ravens and I am quite sure no one appreciates it more Than Joe.....
It is very bothering and how the Chiefs and Reid did it...Leaving Mac a voice mail? Are you kidding me!!... Now Mac has a chip on his shoulder....
joe c

Postby BigBlueRooster on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Think the Ravens will be A OK. 4 losses last season due to late 4th quarter collapses on D. Which was addressed by creating one of the better secondaries adding Carr and Jefferson In Free Agency and a bonified top 10 pick in any other draft with Humphries. And beefing up the pass Rush with Bowser and Williams (IMO the best pure pass rusher in the draft).

And if you look at the ravens last season it was the tail of 2 seasons. They struggled offensively the first half of the season and played good Offense the last half of the season. Joe definitely improved as the season moved along as expected coming off a major knee injury. See Brady in 2012 similar improvement in his play as the season went along.

Wallace Perriman and Mac give the ravens 3 big play threats with the combo of Dixon, Boyle, Gilmore, Woody, Watson, West, and Waller working the middle and underneath routes is not terrible.

Joe throws for 4300 - 4700 yards and the Ravens win 10+ Yeah I'm drinking the purple cool aid.

Now I just hope the Blue Hens can Manage 2000 yards passing
BigBlueRooster

Postby BlueHenBill on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:12 pm

BigBlueRooster wrote:Think the Ravens will be A OK. 4 losses last season due to late 4th quarter collapses on D. Which was addressed by creating one of the better secondaries adding Carr and Jefferson In Free Agency and a bonified top 10 pick in any other draft with Humphries. And beefing up the pass Rush with Bowser and Williams (IMO the best pure pass rusher in the draft).

And if you look at the ravens last season it was the tail of 2 seasons. They struggled offensively the first half of the season and played good Offense the last half of the season. Joe definitely improved as the season moved along as expected coming off a major knee injury. See Brady in 2012 similar improvement in his play as the season went along.

Wallace Perriman and Mac give the ravens 3 big play threats with the combo of Dixon, Boyle, Gilmore, Woody, Watson, West, and Waller working the middle and underneath routes is not terrible.

Joe throws for 4300 - 4700 yards and the Ravens win 10+ Yeah I'm drinking the purple cool aid.

Now I just hope the Blue Hens can Manage 2000 yards passing

Even accepting all that you say, what about the OL to give Joe time and to generate a decent running game?
BlueHenBill

Postby BigBlueRooster on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:32 pm

BHB Valid points OL has some holes. With Jenson Urshal and Hurst they have 3 third and forth year players with starting experience fighting it out for 2 spots along with 2 rookies. I expect Oz to do his thing and add a solid cheap vet late which is a very Ozzie thing to do

The running game improved last season when Boyle came back say what you will about Nick but d@&n he can block the biggest problem with the run game was the lack of commitment to it. I do believe as they move away from the Trestman offense and with Roman's influence they will run more effectively and stick with it more.

Just my 2 cents
BigBlueRooster

Postby BlueBlood on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:42 pm

HENJOHN wrote:You pose a big IF about replacing Pitta. I like the old crew better.

Woodhead will make a lot of those chain moving 3rd down catches Pita had last year.
Go Blue Hens!! The Tub is too small!!
BlueBlood

UD Class: 1985

Postby grizzlybluebird on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:49 am

wallace had a stellar career at pittsburgh and was greased lightning - ever since leaving the steelers, he seems to have lost motivation and has fallen to little more than an occasional threat and in between those rare moments, a decoy. shame - that boy has skills. wallace/flacco should light up the sky but it hasnt happened. sad.
grizzlybluebird

UD Class: 1978

Postby tubby on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Joe has never had receivers who can seperate. His best receivers were on the down side of their careers. He has done great with what he had to work with not counting getting a new coordinator every year or two.
tubby

UD Class: 1972

Postby BlueHenBill on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:16 pm

USA Today gives the Ravens' receiving corps a rank of 25 out of 32 teams -
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/spo ... 477509001/
USA Today's ranking of the Ravens' D is #6 for DBs, #20 for LBs, and #28 for DL. OL, RB, & QB rankings to come.
BlueHenBill

Postby HENJOHN on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:16 am

Just saw Flacco ranks 52nd all time in NFL History in TD passes with 183 and is obviously still active. That is more TD passes than Rich Gannon, Ron Jaworski, Joe Namath and Joe Theisman to name a few. Should hit 200 TDs this year.
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

Postby Jaxhen on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Other interesting stats:

In total yards:

Flacco currently has thrown for 32,760 yards, which ranks 36th all time and 9th among active players. Next up to pass are Ken Anderson (35th), Troy Aikman (34th), Y.A. Tittle (33rd), and Steve Young (32nd). Barring injury, he should move up to 25th on the list by the end of the year.

In all-time wins:

Flacco currently has won 94 games (84 regular and 10 post-season), which ranks 29th all time and 7th among active players. Next up to pass are Steve McNair (28th), Roger Staubach (27th), Bob Griese (26th), and Len Dawson (25th). Barring injury and assuming the Ravens have a decent year, he should move up to 17th on the list by the end of the year.

That's pretty impressive company. He doesn't get the credit he deserves but he keeps moving up the all-time rankings and may be in the top 10 of many categories before his career is over.
Last edited by Jaxhen on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxhen

Postby HENJOHN on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Great stuff Jax
HENJOHN

Postby Baltimore Hen on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:35 pm

Jaxhen wrote:Other interesting stats:

In total yards:

Flacco currently has thrown for 32,760 yards, which ranks 36th all time and 9th among active players. Next up to pass are Ken Anderson (35th), Troy Aikman (34th), Y.A. Tittle (33rd), and Steve Young (32nd). Barring injury, he should move up to 25th on the list by the end of the year.

In all-time wins:

Flacco currently has won 94 games (84 regular and 10 post-season), which ranks 29th all time and 7th among active players. Next up to pass are Steve McNair (28th), Roger Staubach (27th), Bob Griese (26th), and Len Dawson (25th). Barring injury and assuming the Ravens have a decent year, he should move up to 17th on the list by the end of the year.

That's pretty impressive company. He doesn't get the credit he deserves but he keeps moving up the all-time rankings and may be in the top 10 of many categories before his career is over.

but is he elite? ....... :lol: :wink:
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby HENJOHN on Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:55 am

Probably not.
HENJOHN

PreviousNext

Return to The Hen House