Flacco's Targets

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Re: Flacco's Targets

Postby HenZoneNation on Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:45 pm

He's gotta play better. Not playing in the preseason and with a back injury is gonna make for a slow start...having an awful OL doesn't hurt. It's comical about the elite arguement...elite should mean you can win a super bowl with a QB. Stats mean very little. Room, Dalton, Ryan, etc...you either win or you don't. Fact is just like Eli, if Joe wins another Super Bowl he's a HOF. No 2 time Super Bowl winning QB has every not made it. The Ravens D is back to being great. Now he's gotta start cutting back on the Int's. He was 7th last year in passing yards.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Postby Baltimore Hen on Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:53 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:He's gotta play better. Not playing in the preseason and with a back injury is gonna make for a slow start...having an awful OL doesn't hurt. It's comical about the elite arguement...elite should mean you can win a super bowl with a QB. Stats mean very little. Room, Dalton, Ryan, etc...you either win or you don't. Fact is just like Eli, if Joe wins another Super Bowl he's a HOF. No 2 time Super Bowl winning QB has every not made it. The Ravens D is back to being great. Now he's gotta start cutting back on the Int's. He was 7th last year in passing yards.

ok.....soooooo.......Jim Plunket.......so there's that.....
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby BigBlueRooster on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:52 am

Joe will need more to get a gold Jacket but how much more is fun to chat about.

He has the potential to reach 5 major career milestones that will certainly give him a shot.

1) 15 Post Season wins Pretty probable and will put him well in the top ten -- currently at 10
2) 150 wins he's at 94 everyone with 125 or more is in the hall or will be a reach to get 150 but possible. Could not be denied gold jacket with 150 w's
3) 2 super bowls he has 1 and the ravens are a good organization could happen.
4) 50,000 yards. 5 healthy seasons and he is there. probable but has to stay healthy
5) 10 post season appearances currently at 6 a truly remarkable feat. This one is tough.

The ravens are a great organization so Joe has a shot at these truly magnificent career milestones if he can stay healthy.

Only the Steelers, Patriots and the Packers have had the overall success of the Ravens over the past 10 years. Joe is quietly having a great career.

The question is how many of these accomplishments would Joe who is not beloved outside of Delaware and Baltimore area will need to get in?
BigBlueRooster

Postby HenZoneNation on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Joe Namath threw more Int's than TD's. Whose career is better Plunkett or Flacco. Big Ben is a lock, but his first Super Bowl win he basically handed the ball off. Eli Manning is a lock, maybe not a first ballet but a lock. Kurt Warner couldn't throw outdoors and under optimimum conditions did well. Any Giants fan will tell you his short stay with us showed the fan base that he was a done/warm weather QB and that's that. Pro Bowls mean nothing, even though Joe turned one down. Stats don't matter either as they are skewed. Matt Ryan spent all of his career in the worst defensive conference in football, playing 9 games a year in a dome, passing to Julio Jones, Roddey White, and Tony Gonzales. He and Romo have won nothing in their careers and both will make the HOF. Now if Joe doesn't get that second ring then no way.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

Postby HenZoneNation on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:55 pm

BigBlueRooster wrote:Joe will need more to get a gold Jacket but how much more is fun to chat about.

He has the potential to reach 5 major career milestones that will certainly give him a shot.

1) 15 Post Season wins Pretty probable and will put him well in the top ten -- currently at 10
2) 150 wins he's at 94 everyone with 125 or more is in the hall or will be a reach to get 150 but possible. Could not be denied gold jacket with 150 w's
3) 2 super bowls he has 1 and the ravens are a good organization could happen.
4) 50,000 yards. 5 healthy seasons and he is there. probable but has to stay healthy
5) 10 post season appearances currently at 6 a truly remarkable feat. This one is tough.

The ravens are a great organization so Joe has a shot at these truly magnificent career milestones if he can stay healthy.

Only the Steelers, Patriots and the Packers have had the overall success of the Ravens over the past 10 years. Joe is quietly having a great career.

The question is how many of these accomplishments would Joe who is not beloved outside of Delaware and Baltimore area will need to get in?

Great points and I don't know the numbers but I can tell you for sure nobody has had more success in Foxburough during the Brady area than Joe. I believe he has a winning or comparable record against Big Ben. The Packers...I have no idea.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

Postby Baltimore Hen on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:54 am

HenZoneNation wrote:Joe Namath threw more Int's than TD's. Whose career is better Plunkett or Flacco. Big Ben is a lock, but his first Super Bowl win he basically handed the ball off. Eli Manning is a lock, maybe not a first ballet but a lock. Kurt Warner couldn't throw outdoors and under optimimum conditions did well. Any Giants fan will tell you his short stay with us showed the fan base that he was a done/warm weather QB and that's that. Pro Bowls mean nothing, even though Joe turned one down. Stats don't matter either as they are skewed. Matt Ryan spent all of his career in the worst defensive conference in football, playing 9 games a year in a dome, passing to Julio Jones, Roddey White, and Tony Gonzales. He and Romo have won nothing in their careers and both will make the HOF. Now if Joe doesn't get that second ring then no way.

dont know whos career is better. different game today. i was just pointing out the two time super bowl winning QB not in the HOF.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby HENJOHN on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:06 am

Joe has never been to even one Pro Bowl and he's not all that highly thought of by much of the Media. He's going to have a very difficult time getting to the HOF. Even if he doesn't he's a Franchise QB who's having a very good career. Not bad.
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby Baltimore Hen on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 am

HENJOHN wrote:Joe has never been to even one Pro Bowl and he's not all that highly thought of by much of the Media. He's going to have a very difficult time getting to the HOF. Even if he doesn't he's a Franchise QB who's having a very good career. Not bad.

he has had a stigma on him since he was drafted and the media has been hoping he would fail.......hell Ravens fans are widely split on him. I hear equally positive and negative calls on 105.7 daily.....and the local radio guys are constantly giving him $hit on air. The nice thing is he has thick skin and does not give a _ _ _ _ about what the naysayers think.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby HENJOHN on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:58 am

I see and hear the same things Balt Hen when I'm at the Beach. It's amazing how poorly he's viewed by many. The media does much of the HOF voting so he's up against it even IF they did win another Super Bowl which seems unlikely. Not making even one Pro Bowl is a shame.
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

Postby Baltimore Hen on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:00 am

HENJOHN wrote:I see and hear the same things Balt Hen when I'm at the Beach. It's amazing how poorly he's viewed by many. The media does much of the HOF voting so he's up against it even IF they did win another Super Bowl which seems unlikely. Not making even one Pro Bowl is a shame.

for sure. Just look at Art Modell. He did so much that made the NFL the household name and money machine that it is today. He was the one who spearheaded TV contracts, Monday Night Football, AFL-NFL merger.........among other contributions, but he is kept out of the hall as a contributor because the media does not like that he moved the browns to baltimore. Al Davis was an **** who moved his team at the drop of a dime and yet he is in the Hall.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

Postby HenZoneNation on Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:24 am

HENJOHN wrote:I see and hear the same things Balt Hen when I'm at the Beach. It's amazing how poorly he's viewed by many. The media does much of the HOF voting so he's up against it even IF they did win another Super Bowl which seems unlikely. Not making even one Pro Bowl is a shame.

He turned down a Pro Bowl two years ago for the birth of his kid and the year he won the super bowl he was not eligible. He is not a HOF right now without another Super Bowl ring...but the narrative with Eli is the same as what it will be with Joe if he wins another...what's more important being the MVP of the league, making Pro Bowls, stats, or winning Super Bowls and being the reason why your team did. Remember, he didn't just win the Super Bowl, he was the Super Bowl MVP. He hasn't just won a few games, he's had his team in the playoffs (excluding the year he got hurt) every year but two. Where guys like Brees and Rivers and Eli have struggled to get to the playoffs consistently, he's won at least one playoff of game every year he's made it.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

Postby HENJOHN on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:07 pm

He wasn't voted to that Pro Bowl though. Someone else was and when they were hurt, Joe was asked if he wanted to attend and declined as you mentioned. Unfortunately that doesn't count as a Pro Bowl appearance. I wish it did. One of the NFL pre game talking heads brought this lack of any Pro Bowls up recently. I think he still has alot left in the tank and some good years ahead of him. I also think he's a very underated QB. Bad news losing Yanda yesterday. I'd love to see him pad his resume some more but he just doesn't get the respect he deserves and the kind you need to get a Gold jacket.
HENJOHN

Postby HenZoneNation on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:56 pm

I hear yah...but when they talk about guys like Dalton or other players who come in as reserves they never say "he was an alternate." Joe is big and strong and those guys usually last longer than smaller players. At 32 he could play another 6-8 years.

Fans and the talking heads often miss the point...there are a handful full of QB's who can get their teams to a Super Bowl and even fewer who can it. I look at Joe and I see a player who has never had an Elite WR who was in the prime of his career, playing out doors up North, against a division where every team, including the Browns generally has very good defenses, and more times than not the Ravens are in the playoffs making noise. It cracks me up when they say Brady has no one to throw too...I mean if you exclude Moss, Gronk, Welker, Bennet, Edelman, and a host of other very serviceable receivers to make double teaming their top targets near impossible all while playing in the exact same offensive system since he's been there, then yes...he's had very little support :). I mean there were years when Joe's number one target might not have been the third option on the Ravens and certainly not on the Falcons.

That being said...he makes some pretty questionable decisions from time to time and has thrown more Int's in the latter part of his career than when he was more inexperienced.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

Postby HENJOHN on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:13 pm

I have been so sick and tired of the Andy Dalton butt kissing the last 5-6 years. The guy has won Nothing but gets lots of praise and had been to multiple Pro Bowls.
HENJOHN

Postby HENJOHN on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:13 pm

I have been so sick and tired of the Andy Dalton butt kissing the last 5-6 years. The guy has won Nothing but gets lots of praise and had been to multiple Pro Bowls.
HENJOHN

PreviousNext

Return to The Hen House