Flacco's Targets

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Flacco's Targets

Postby HenZoneNation on Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Now that Pitta's career is over with the Ravens (and most likely for good) 3 of Joe's top 4 targets are no longer with the team and only Wallace and Perrimen are left in his receiving core. The TE positions should be okay but the Ravens must sign either Maclin of Decker...absolute must. Maclin comes in today. The Ravens have a history of not allowing guys like that to get away. If they don't get another receiver I cringe at what the offense will look like this year unless Perrimen some how transforms into a #1 receiver in the next few months.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

UD Class: 1998

Re: Flacco's Targets

Postby dovetail on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:57 pm

The Ravens will pay for not taking one of the better prospects in the draft.
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust
dovetail

UD Class: 1966

Postby aust42 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:59 am

The Ravens philosophy has always been build a strong defense. Joe has played with average to bad offensive lines and WR's most of his career. 2017 will be no different.
aust42

Postby Baltimore Hen on Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:13 am

They have to figure out TE. They have no real threat there now that Pitta is gone. Nick Boyle is eligible this year, but they are looking at him as a possible replacement for Kyle Juszczyk at FB.
In ROCCO I Trust!
Baltimore Hen

UD Class: 0

Postby HenZoneNation on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:28 pm

I will be stunned if they don't sign either Maclin or Decker...there's not having top notch talent and there there's this...

The TE spot is interesting for them. The Ravens were not expecting anything from Pitta and that's why they drafted Williams and Boyle and signed Watson last year.

Maclin is visiting while we speak. The receiving core could go from a liability to a strength real fast.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/art ... f36c00a4f1
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

Postby BlueHenBill on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:34 pm

HenZoneNation wrote:I will be stunned if they don't sign either Maclin or Decker...there's not having top notch talent and there there's this...

The TE spot is interesting for them. The Ravens were not expecting anything from Pitta and that's why they drafted Williams and Boyle and signed Watson last year.

Maclin is visiting while we speak. The receiving core could go from a liability to a strength real fast.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/art ... f36c00a4f1

Why did KC/Reid release Maclin? Anything left in the tank or are his abilities too degraded?
BlueHenBill

Postby glen weiss on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:30 am

Unfortunately I foresee a tough season for Flacco
and the Ravens.

Time has flown by and Joe is now on the "other side"
of his career.

His offensive support system is not nearly good enough.

I will continue to root for him and the Ravens

Glen
glen weiss

Postby HenZoneNation on Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:54 am

glen weiss wrote:Unfortunately I foresee a tough season for Flacco
and the Ravens.

Time has flown by and Joe is now on the "other side"
of his career.

His offensive support system is not nearly good enough.

I will continue to root for him and the Ravens

Glen

Maclin signs a two year deal. If one of the TE's can replace Pitta's production then this might be the best receiving core that Flacco has ever had.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

Postby dovetail on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 am

Yeah; I agree if Macklin can stay healthy :roll:
"IRWT", In Rocco We Trust
dovetail

UD Class: 1966

Postby HENJOHN on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:55 am

Better targets than the Boldin, Pitta, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones etc group?
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby foghorn1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:13 am

Last year, Pitta was the leading receiver. Maclin improves this area tremendously, especially in YAC. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Cant-Overstate-the-Importance-of-Signing-Jeremy-Maclin/5509aa2d-3535-4875-be8d-e2b91f4d1656
foghorn1

UD Class: 1968

Postby HenZoneNation on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:59 pm

HENJOHN wrote:Better targets than the Boldin, Pitta, Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones etc group?

Yes...provided someone can fill in for Pitta. Jacoby Jones was kick returner who could only run two routes and dropped the ball often. Smith was slightly better but after that playoff game in New England it was clear he'd reached his ceiling. Boldin is a complete and utter mystery to me. The guys is a great possession receiver who they tried to use as a deep threat for some bizarre reason. You saw in the playoff/super bowl run how successful he and Flacco were after the stopped with the posts and fly patterns and let him just man handled the corners and put his body between the defender and the receiver. That was always his game and he was good at it. It just took the Ravens four years to figure it out and then they traded him for a sixth round pick...

There is still talk of Decker or Boldin ending up on the team. But you now have a speedster who can take the top off a defense and has pretty good hands in Wallace, a young receiver with both size and speed in Perriman, and a Pro-Bowler in Maclin who had his most success as a slot receiver with the Eagles and will be asked to do many of the same roles. Add in Woodhead on third downs and that's a lot of weapons. They need Boyle and Williams to match what Pitta did last year.
The Dude Abides!
HenZoneNation

Postby HENJOHN on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 pm

You pose a big IF about replacing Pitta. I like the old crew better.
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby BlueHenBill on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:59 pm

I am more worried about the OL. The OL needs to open holes for the running game (almost non-existent starting in 2015) and give Joe time to pass downfield. Joe did all those checkdowns last season because he was worried about protecting his knees (2015 knee injury caused by OL being pushed back into Joe) and just not often having time to look downfield. If anything the 2017 OL could be worse than the 2016 OL.
BlueHenBill

Postby foghorn1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:06 pm

IMO, and from what I've read, Boyle will have a redefined role as aTE/H back to compensate for a not-too-stellar OL. Pitta caught a lot of passes but was not a long gainer. I think the Ravens will be better off with an excellent receiver like Maclin with better QB protection with a blocker like Nick who also can catch the ball. Interesting.
foghorn1

UD Class: 1968

Next

Return to The Hen House