Wow, Larry Boz and Zurko

General squawk about Fightin' BlueHen Football. Open for all to view. Membership required to post.

Re: Wow, Larry Boz and Zurko

Postby Henny on Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:47 pm

I'll tag along if Joe has those kind of connections 8)
"Winning starts today" - Danny Rocco 1/2/17
Henny

UD Class: 1985

Postby HENJOHN on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Quite the Trio we make Rob.
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

UD Class: 1981

Postby joe c on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:39 am

Hey J, If I don't we will shortly after arrival....Of course me being shy may prolong it...Mr C batton down the hatches....
joe c

Postby sunsetbeach on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:37 pm

Chiquita girls?
More likely, a prune squad.
sunsetbeach

UD Class: 1900

Postby HENJOHN on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:04 pm

U obviously haven't met us....
Let's once again play the hard, physical, dominating football that we have been known for.
HENJOHN

Postby sunsetbeach on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:50 pm

How would ya know? We've got cameras everywhere.
After a few hours....you have no memory of who you've met....or why.

Chiquitas with changemakers...and a big ole Cadilac on the curb outside...
Any memories?

Muy bien. muchacho
sunsetbeach

Postby newhendad on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:43 pm

kenbozick wrote:Carib, Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to meet with us. It was a real treat to finally meet you. I'm amazed at the number of passionate fans of Hen Nation around the WORLD!! I'm so proud my son is now part of such an amazing alumni group. We're coming back to San Juan on next year's Blue Hen Football Parents cruise. I'll be just for the day but hopefully we can meet again for some coffee/lunch. You'll get to meet some new parents that are joining us this time!!! Also, I try not to think of that Merchant Marine game. Very painful!!! GO HENS!!!!

Speaking of Blue Hen Football Parents cruise: in Mid-Feb, my wife and I were at the entrance to Camuy Caverns in PR and I was wearing my "Loud and Proud" season ticket holder freebie shirt. Someone who turned out to be from Wisconsin and had apparently no connection to UD asked me if I was going on the cruise next week. I had no idea what she was talking about. She said she had been messaging with a bunch of UD football parents who were going to be on the same cruise as her next week and they were all talking about wearing their Loud and Proud shirt to meet up. Small world.

Josh Wallish
newhendad

Postby HENJOHN on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Great stuff NewHendad. Looking forward to your son making an impact on the O-Line this year!!
HENJOHN

Postby Caribbean Hen on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:33 pm

newhendad wrote:
kenbozick wrote:Carib, Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to meet with us. It was a real treat to finally meet you. I'm amazed at the number of passionate fans of Hen Nation around the WORLD!! I'm so proud my son is now part of such an amazing alumni group. We're coming back to San Juan on next year's Blue Hen Football Parents cruise. I'll be just for the day but hopefully we can meet again for some coffee/lunch. You'll get to meet some new parents that are joining us this time!!! Also, I try not to think of that Merchant Marine game. Very painful!!! GO HENS!!!!

Speaking of Blue Hen Football Parents cruise: in Mid-Feb, my wife and I were at the entrance to Camuy Caverns in PR and I was wearing my "Loud and Proud" season ticket holder freebie shirt. Someone who turned out to be from Wisconsin and had apparently no connection to UD asked me if I was going on the cruise next week. I had no idea what she was talking about. She said she had been messaging with a bunch of UD football parents who were going to be on the same cruise as her next week and they were all talking about wearing their Loud and Proud shirt to meet up. Small world.

Josh Wallish

you Hens are sneaking around on the Isla without tipping off Carib.... what could this mean? :D
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Postby Big R on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Ken, sounds like you guys had a great time with Carib! I can't believe that you didn't request GoHens media representation on the Blue Hen Football Parents cruise!! What's up with that?!

More seriously, how did the Ravens pro-day workout go for Connor?

Rich
Big R

UD Class: 1975

Postby kenbozick on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Ken, sounds like you guys had a great time with Carib! I can't believe that you didn't request GoHens media representation on the Blue Hen Football Parents cruise!! What's up with that?!

More seriously, how did the Ravens pro-day workout go for Connor?

Rich[/quote]

Hi Rich! So great to hear from you!! GREAT article on your interview with Coach Rocco. Man I wish Connor had one more year!!! Hens are going to "Roc the World" this year!!!

From what I can tell he did just fine at the Ravens workout. Met the GM. Ran all the drills well. Knew most of the other rookie linemen. 2 from the CAA. Others from Georgia, PSU, Rutgers, etc. He did a lot of snapping to play center. They were surprised that he hadn't played center at UDEL. Apparently he did fine at the drills especially considering he'd only been practicing his center techniques for the past two weeks!!!

He has other workouts with the Redskins and Eagles the week after Easter. Dates haven't been made yet. I'll keep you posted.

Rich - we NEED you and any other Blue Hen football fans to join us next year for our cruise. We have such a blast. Would love to make a week long tailgate in March! Hope you see you there buddy!!!!
kenbozick

Postby HENJOHN on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:13 pm

Ken, have a feeling we are going to have a new former Bluehen joining the NFL ranks this season. Would love to see him in Ravens purple.
HENJOHN

Postby kenbozick on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:24 pm

I'm hoping for the same thing John!!! Even this lifelong Steeler fan will happily wear the black and purple if it means a roster spot!
kenbozick

Postby Caribbean Hen on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:41 pm

kenbozick wrote:I'm hoping for the same thing John!!! Even this lifelong Steeler fan will happily wear the black and purple if it means a roster spot!

Mr. B, best of luck to young Bozick in his the quest to continue his football career, I'm pulling for him and all the Hens!

Sounds encouraging
I've noticed JMU and Nova fans don't seem to like Rocco, this is a good thing..
Caribbean Hen

UD Class: 2024

Previous

Return to The Hen House